Where is the Trash or Recovery solutions for 1Password Teams

Options

I thought I would ask, since unlike the Standalone Apps, I cannot see the Trash. I haven't had the chance to use them yet but I want to know where to find it when I need it.

I've only just noticed that in 1Password 6 for Win v296, the Trash is at the bottom of the list I have to scroll way down to in order to see it.

1Password Version: 1Password Web App v238
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @wkleem! The Trash is located in the same place in most of the apps. 1Password 6 for Windows is an exception since it's much different from version 4, the one you had before. You can also access the Trash by signing in to 1Password.com from a browser. Account recovery is available in the web interface as well:

Recover accounts for family or team members

And if you're looking for item history, that is in the web interface too. Learn how to use it. Hope that helps. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Jacob,

• No problem at all :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

About the Trash, I previously assumed that deleted items go to the platform of the deletion. I.e. MAC/PC deletion reside on the MAC or PC? I could be wrong here. When I looked at my vault in iOS, I appear mistaken in that vault environment has no Trash, so are the deletions within the vault?

Can I recover a deleted MAC login from the PC or another platform then?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: You are correct: items deleted from a vault are still part of that vault until the Trash is empty, and there's no user interface in the mobile apps to access the Trash. But you can view the Trash in the desktop (or web) app and restore them from there. Pretty much everything in 1Password is vault-based. Sorry for the confusion that caused!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@wkleem: You are correct: items deleted from a vault are still part of that vault until the Trash is empty, and there's no user interface in the mobile apps to access the Trash. But you can view the Trash in the desktop (or web) app and restore them from there. Pretty much everything in 1Password is vault-based. Sorry for the confusion that caused!

Thank you for answering the question, @brenty. In 1Password 6 Windows v6.1.296, there doesn't appear to be a way to clear trash at this point. Could I clear trash from the web app for AgileKeychain or OPVault vaults?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: It was only added to the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app a few weeks ago, but if you right-click the Trash you can empty it. However, since local vaults are read-only, they cannot be emptied. Similarly, local vaults are not part of your 1Password Account, so they cannot be accessed through the web interface. You can use 1Password 4 to manage local vaults though.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

@brenty, I was attempting to selectively empty trash which, won't work if it's global.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Ah I see. "Empty Trash" will be whatever is currently shown: All Vaults, or a specific vault. However, removing individual items from the Trash is not possible.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks,

1Password for Windows 6 and the 1Password Web App is coming along but still has some way to go.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed. Be sure to let us know if you have other questions, comments, or suggestions. We definitely appreciate the feedback! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi

How do I do an immediate "sync now" in 1Password 6.1.296d? I have deleted some items in 1Password 4 but it won't show in 1Password 6.1.296?

Vault name changes in the 1Password web app doesn't show immediately in v6.1.296 or the iOS version as well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

How do I do an immediate "sync now" in 1Password 6.1.296d? I have deleted some items in 1Password 4 but it won't show in 1Password 6.1.296?

@wkleem: Ah, great question! Sorry or the confusion there. 1Password 6 does not have full local vault support yet, so the only way to sync changes from one of those is to go to Settings > Accounts & Vaults > (vault name) > Sync. That will re-load the data. 1Password 6 doesn't do this automatically since it don't make changes to these vaults yet. I hope this helps! :)

Vault name changes in the 1Password web app doesn't show immediately in v6.1.296 or the iOS version as well.

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking here. Are you changing the names of vaults in your 1Password Account?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking here. Are you changing the names of vaults in your 1Password Account?

I do change the names of vaults in my Teams Account! I am the sole user currently so there isn't any conflict.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Ah, thank you for clarifying. I tested this on a few different devices — both Windows and iOS — and while the vault name change was not reflected instantaneously, it updated within about 10 seconds. Please make sure you're using the latest version on each device. We've just released a update on Windows with some sync improvements, so please let me know if that helps!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I've updated and will test it out.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! Let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.