Stopped working (Chrome / Kaspersky Enterprise)

Hi, this is a follow up for case RPF-29853-682, I don't want to duplicate efforts but I figured putting this out to the community could not hurt....

I am using Windows 7, 1Password version 4.6.1.616 and Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows 10.2.5.3201 (mr3) database released 11/16;2016, 9:22am, I have defined the following addresses in the Network Attack blocker configuration as exceptions , 127.0.0.1/32 10.6.5.151/32 127.0.0.1/16 and 127.0.0.1/8. When I set up the exceptions a couple of weeks ago chrome as working great then a week later it stopped communicating with the Helper, I have tried:
Removing and reinstalling the Plug-In
Removing and reinstalling 1Password

I have sent in the diagnostic file.... Any suggestions from the community on things we are missing / corporate could have pushed out?

Matt

1Password Version: 4.6.1.616
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:Stopped working (Chrome / Kaspersky Enterprise)

Comments

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member

+1
    I have this problem too

• Hi guys,

Thanks for reporting in. We haven't found a solution yet, Kaspersky has changed something again and we're looking into a different workaround.

@MatthewPackwood, Alex has replied to your email, we think you may have to add the ports listed in our support article here addition to the IP address now.

• MatthewPackwood
    MatthewPackwood
    Community Member

@MikeT We have added all those with no improvement, and I would subscribe to the theory to Kaspersky have changed something.....

• Hey @MatthewPackwood,

That's very disappointing. We're sorry to hear that this didn't work for you.
    At this stage I think it would be best to talk to Kaspersky about the issue. There simply has to be a way to set an exception for this.

I'm sending you some further information via email.

Cheers,

Alex

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member

Colleagues, there is a solution?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Spn13: Have you been in contact with Kaspersky? Did you try the solution Mike suggested? We've been working with Kaspersky on this for a while now and they seem to have fixed it in the past. I'm not sure why it would suddenly be affecting you again. Please let me know what you find!

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member

Hi.
    I worked on very big organization. I can't change any corporate politics and install any updates on kaspersky.

• Hi @Spn13,

We understand and unfortunately, the same is true for us, we can't work around what they're doing because it can get us blocked completely for good and it may be a security issue on both sides.

However, we're not sitting around waiting for them. We are investigating for a radically better solution that should technically bypass all of this and we think we've found one but it is going to take some time to implement it completely.

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member

Does the 1 Password 6 have this problem?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Spn13: Yes. All versions of 1Password use the same extensions and websockets to communicate with them locally. Unfortunately this means that anything that blocks, filters, or otherwise interferes with the connection can prevent 1Password from functioning in the browser. We don't want 1Password communicating with anything but its own extension, directly, and certainly not to share our most sensitive information with an untrusted app.

• andrewstop
    andrewstop
    Community Member

I dont know clearly about your problems, but I think you can search in https://forum.kaspersky.com or https://keykaspersky.com for more information, this is kaspersky's website with a full of information

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@andrewstop: Thank you for weighing in! You are right, their forum is quite helpful too. :) In case you have any troubles with 1Password and Kaspersky, we are ready to help. Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.