To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Restoring from backup after moving primary vault to family vault

lukdhondt
lukdhondt
Community Member

Hi,

Today I upgraded my 1Password on macOS from the standalone version to a Family plan. While going through the setup procedure, it proposed to migrate all 917 items from my primary vault to the new vault of the family account, and I selected 'Move'. I'm not sure what went wrong exactly, but after this setup process it turned out that all items were sitting in my new vault twice (1834 items). I decided to just trash all these items as I was going to restore the latest backup.
After moving all items to the trash, it turned out that I no longer had access to the previous backups, as I had accepted to delete the original Primary Vault during the setup process.

All 917 items from the trash can only be restored manualy one by one only as far as I can see.
I did find a backup in ~/Library/Containers/….com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Backups/ (ending in 1p4_zip). It is unclear however, how I can restore this backup.

Any feedback is much appreciated…

1Password Version: 6.5.1 MacAppStore
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016

Hi @lukdhondt

I'm sorry to hear that you had some trouble with the migration process! I wonder what went wrong and what we can do make it better in the future. I think the easiest path for you will be this: go to Preferences in 1Password and then Advanced and enable "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts". Restart 1Password and go to Preferences again. the option Backup should appear again. Pick the latest backup from the list, then "Restore". Your items should be back into the Primary vault now. You can then try again following the steps here to migrate your data :chuffed:

Please let us know how all this goes this second run!

• @lukdhondt I also wanted to hop in and ask if you could send us a Diagnostics Report so we can sort out what the issue may have been?

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. Mention my name in the message as well please.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• lukdhondt
    lukdhondt
    Community Member

Hi Pilar,

Thanks, I had already started the cleanup of the duplicates manually, but I now tried to restore the backup and it worked as advertised!

I just sent the diagnostics.

• @lukdhondt That's great to hear! It looks like you may have sent the report with a different email address. Could you post the BitBot confirmation number we sent you so we can connect the dots?

• lukdhondt
    lukdhondt
    Community Member

BYJ-94114-123

• Thanks! I'll get back to you shortly. :)

ref: BYJ-94114-123

This discussion has been closed.