To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

My account is "frozen". Entered up-to-date credit card. Still frozen. Help!

Options
slb1942
slb1942
Community Member

Tried to use my 1Password app on my Mac. I was told that my account was "frozen" because my free trial is due to expire. I entered 2 valid credit cards & and was told that my annual payment will happen tomorrow (11/22/16). My 1Password account is still frozen. Why? Will it become un-frozen tomorrow when the payment takes place? I'm afraid my I my lose all my data!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My ipassword account is frozen. Entering new credit card didn't unfreeze it. Help.

Comments

• slb1942
    slb1942
    Community Member
    Options

Tried to use my 1Password app on my Mac. I was told that my account was "frozen" because my free trial is due to expire. I entered 2 valid credit cards & and was told that my annual payment will happen tomorrow (11/22/16). My 1Password account is still frozen. Why? Will it become un-frozen tomorrow when the payment takes place? I'm afraid my I my lose all my data!

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I expect all will be ok (I don't work for AgileBits, so cannot be sure).

But the good news is that even with a frozen account you can still use 1PW to read and enter passwords. You just can't add passwords or edit old ones. Your data will definitely NOT be lost.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @slb1942

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

You've signed up for two accounts: an individual account, and a families account. The families account is frozen as you have not entered payment information for it. The individual account is not, as you have.

Is it your intention to have two separate accounts?

Either way I think it would be best if we move this conversation to private email. Please shoot us an email to support@1password.com with the answer to the above question, and please also include this link in the email:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/72172/

You'll get a support ID back from BitBot when you send the email. Please post that support ID here.

Thanks!

Ben

P.S. Please don't forget to post the support ID here!

• humanbeing
    humanbeing
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue after purchasing the mac version from the app store. I have been trying to contact support for days --

Essentially - I had an account with you guys. It ran out so I purchased the real version from the app store on my computer. Now it's not working properly and froze my previous account :(

But I'm a paying customer now! :/

Is there any way to expedite the process or to talk to a human?

Thanks!

• @humanbeing I'm sorry about that. Did you email us as well? I checked for a message under your email and didn't find one. If you did send us a message, please post the confirmation number we sent you so we can connect the two.

It sounds like there's a bit of confusion about an account. I searched for one under your email address and didn't find one, so it'd be best to sort things out via email. If you didn't already send us a message, please do get in touch at support@1password.com so we can help out. Post back here with that confirmation number and we'll get back as quickly as possible.

• humanbeing
    humanbeing
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob

Hope this works: #JJY-99431-416

Appreciate the speedy reply via this forum.

Cheers

• Jacob
    edited November 2016
    Options

That's the one! Thank you. :) I see Greg has responded so you're all set to keep the conversation going with him for now.

ref: JJY-99431-416

• humanbeing
    humanbeing
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks -

Is there a direct email I should use to communicate or does Greg receive my responses to his emails through your general support address?

• Ben
    Options

Replies to the existing email conversation will be directed to the appropriate folks. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• humanbeing
    humanbeing
    Community Member
    Options

Ok - hopefully someone will be able to get this figured out for me sometime today. :)

Thanks for your support!

• Just did. :+1: Cheers!

• humanbeing
    humanbeing
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob What does this mean? Do I delete the 1password account I got from the Apple Store? Looks like I have credit now for the subscription... does this mean I was still charged for the full app? Will the full app work after I apply this credit to your subscription model?

Really hope I didn't just get charged over $60 just to have it applied to a subscription model over time now...

By the way one of my accounts was hacked in the meantime. No biggy though..

• @humanbeing It means you can use your 1Password.com account. The purchase you made in the App Store didn't include an account so there's no need to worry about dealing with that. You were charged for the app, but I put that money toward your subscription account instead. When you subscribe, the credit will be used toward you subscription. If you subscribe annually a larger portion will be applied right now since annual subscriptions are charged once a year. I hope that helps clear things up. :) The alternative would have been to ask Apple for a refund, but it's usually easier for us to give you credit.

I'm sorry to hear about your account getting hacked. It's a perfect time to generate a strong password for it so that doesn't happen in the future. You can check for passwords that were similar to that one as well by searching for the old password in 1Password. That way no other accounts with the same password are compromised. Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.