Frequent request for master password.

2»

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ssgelm

Thank you for your answer, I can't tell you when or if things will be (re) added but I hope you find something that works well of you regardless :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ssgelm: I'm sorry for the confusion. As mentioned earlier in the discussion, this is not a bug; rather, it was an intentional change. People expect different things from "lock on sleep" depending on if they're thinking of display sleep or system sleep, so this setting works with either. The feature request is to have separate lock preferences for "display sleep" and "system sleep". Adding more complexity and settings isn't something we take lightly, but it's something we'll continue to consider. Cheers! :)

• TomInMuc
    TomInMuc
    Community Member

An update again and still no solution! Sorry, but it annoys!
    It was once a feature! Why is it so difficult to offer the customer a satisfactory solution?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TomInMuc: As mentioned previously, you can customize your security preferences in 1Password. Again, while I'm sorry that you're not happy with this change, it's more important that the features 1Password work reliably, rather than having a feature that says it's going to lock but doesn't due to problems detecting the state of the machine — especially since this is an app we're using to make us more secure, rather than not locking when expected. You may personally feel that this is not a "satisfactory solution", but we have to consider the broader userbase, not just your preferences.

• TomInMuc
    TomInMuc
    Community Member

@brenty Please read the thread completely. Then you will see that I am not the only one who wants the old state back.

There is simply a difference between "lock on sleep" and "lock on display sleep".

I understand your intension of increased security. But should not it be left to the customer HOW he applies the security?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I did. I've been here for most of it, after all. You're right that you're not alone, and I didn't say that you were; there are a handful of others who prefer the previous behaviour. Yet there are many more who were confused or alarmed by it. Not having 1Password lock when you expect it to is much worse than having to enter your Master Password.

This discussion has been closed.