I have a 1password license. I am trying to install 1password on an iphone

fkittredge
fkittredge
Community Member

I have a 1password license which works on my Mac. I am trying to install 1password on an iphone but it doesn't seem to take a license only an "account".

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.3.5 (635001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPhone 10.1.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Trying to install 1password on an iphone with a license

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@fkittredge 1P for iOS is a free download from the App Store accessed from your iOS device—with an in-app purchase to enable pro features. If you make that in-app purchase on one iOS device you can enable the pro features without charge on any other iOS device that uses the same Apple ID.

Whether or not you have a licence for the stand-alone 1Password for Mac does not affect 1Password for iOS. 1Password for Mac and 1Password for iOS are separate products.

The "account" business relates to the separate AgileBits' subscription model—which you can read all about on this page. Briefly, if you pay a subscription (instead of buying the stand-alone apps) the relevant software (in your case, 1Password for Mac and 1Password for iOS) is included in the subscription.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@fkittredge: Indeed, it sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you subscribe to 1Password Families (or Teams), or signed up for an individual subscription plan. Instead, if you choose "Use without an account" you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault.

As Stephen_C mentioned, like other iOS apps, 1Password does not use a license there; rather it's tied to your Apple ID. I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.