To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Sync problem between iPhone and Mac

Options
Ale88
Ale88
Community Member

Hi guys,

some months I bought the iPhone's 1Password Pro version and I started saving stuff. At that time I didn't know about the online account. Today I downloaded the trial version for Mac and created an account, which has been linked / recognized by my iPhone but I don't understand how to sync all the info I have on the iPhone with the Mac version.
To be able to write here I had to create an account, which has been saved by the Mac version and immediately appeared also on the iPhone app but has been saved in the Personal vault, while all the other logins and info I have on the iPhone are in the Primary vault, and this one doesn't sync with the Mac version.

And also I don't understand why I don't see the Sync option on the Mac version, and the other problem is under the option All Vaults I only see the Personal Vault, no Primary Vault as on the iPhone.

Thanks a lot for your help
Regards
Alessandro

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ale88: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you'd setup 1Password for Mac with your account. Since local vaults (like an AgileKeychain or OPVault) cannot sync with that, they're disabled by default. But if you'd like to add it, you can enable local vaults in 1Password Preferences > Advanced, and then just double click the AgileKeychain/OPVault to add one, or configure sync. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• Ale88
    Ale88
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi @brenty, thanks for the answer ;)

While I was waiting for help I tried to check again all the settings and I think I may have solved the problem moving all the login in details I had on my iPhone from the Primary Vault to the Personal Vault, now everything is perfectly synchronized!
    I also switched the option for the new savings from Primary to Personal.

Does it sound ok to you? :blush:

EDIT: small update: I added some new login details from the Mac app, which appear on both Mac and iPhone, but I don't understand why the iPhone app keeps showing 87 total items while actually are 109... Only the number is wrong, for example it shows 72 total login details while actually are 94, and I just counted one by one and indeed are 94, but the app says are 72...

EDIT 2: I turned off and on the iPhone and now the numbers are correct, I just don't understand why they were wrong before...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi @brenty, thanks for the answer ;)

@Ale88: Any time! :)

While I was waiting for help I tried to check again all the settings and I think I may have solved the problem moving all the login in details I had on my iPhone from the Primary Vault to the Personal Vault, now everything is perfectly synchronized! I also switched the option for the new savings from Primary to Personal. Does it sound ok to you? :blush:

While really it's a matter of Personal preference (ha), that sounds good. I actually have it setup the same way myself, because I've got some older (non-1Password.com) vaults that I still use. Ultimately if you don't need to keep local vaults for some specific reason, it may be simpler to just use the 1Password Account. Then you won't have to worry about what syncs or saves where. It's up to you though, and we're here if you need us. :sunglasses:

EDIT: small update: I added some new login details from the Mac app, which appear on both Mac and iPhone, but I don't understand why the iPhone app keeps showing 87 total items while actually are 109... Only the number is wrong, for example it shows 72 total login details while actually are 94, and I just counted one by one and indeed are 94, but the app says are 72...
    EDIT 2: I turned off and on the iPhone and now the numbers are correct, I just don't understand why they were wrong before...

Ah, sorry about the confusion there! It sounds like the account didn't update immediately after the sync completed. We're working on a fix for that, but switching between vaults should update it in the mean time if you run into that again. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.