I am baffled by the inability of the 1Password app on my iPhone6 to connect with my iCloud account.

ddelavara
ddelavara
Community Member

I have the latest versions of MacOS on my desktop and iOS on both my iPad and iPhone6. I use iCloud to sync among these 3 devices. There is no problem syncing between desktop and iPad. But when I open the 1Password app on the iPhone6 it invites me to open a new family account, or use without an account. Following the "use without an account" link, I try to sync with iCloud, then unlock my primary vault, but it doesn't recognize my password. Furthermore, the password hint is not the hint I established. I have tried all the help instructions but can't figure out what is wrong. It worked great several weeks ago and suddenly it doesn't.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am baffled by the inability of the 1Password app on my iPhone6 to connect with my iCloud account.

Comments

• ddelavara
    ddelavara
    Community Member

One further discovery. On my desktop Mac, 1Password preferences / syncing / none ... followed by preferences / syncing / iCloud ... produces an unexpected result. There are apparently two vaults, the primary vault, plus an older one (dated 2 years ago) which is called the iCloud vault. Before they can be merged (the only option it seems) I need the password of the older vault, long ago forgotten. Now I seem to be blocked from any iCloud syncing. Now I am really, really confused. I need a guru.

• ddelavara
    ddelavara
    Community Member

I won't quit until I figure this out. Using my iPad, where 1Password works fine, I went to the advanced settings and used "erase all iCloud data". Then, going back to my desktop Mac, I was able to once again sync with iCloud. If there ever was a two-year-old alternate vault, it seems to be gone, leaving only my primary vault. The bad news is, my iPhone6 still asks for a password with the hint "priests and soldiers" which is meaningless to me. So I still have no access to my primary vault from my phone. I even went to the App Store and downloaded a fresh copy of the iOS app, but it didn't make a bit of difference. AAAAAUUGGGHHH!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ddelavara: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion!

There are a few things that cold be happening here, but given that it's iCloud this is not something to do with 1Password. Rather, you may be using a different vault than you think, or you're using a different iCloud account on the iPhone. Please follow the steps in this guide, as it will help narrow it down:

iCloud troubleshooting

I want to be sure that you're using the same account on each device. It sounds like you've simply got a few different things going on here. You can always clear the iCloud data from the iPhone as well, but that won't help you sync with it if it's logged into another account. Let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• ddelavara
    ddelavara
    Community Member

Thank you for your suggestions. The problem is now solved and I have full access on my iPhone 6. I focused on my one-and-only iCloud account, signing out and in again on all of my devices. After that, I deleted the 1Password app from my phone and went to the App Store to download a fresh app. I'll never understand what I did right or wrong, or what sequence of steps made it work. But I appreciate your helping me focus on iCloud. Thanks so much.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well now. It sounds like something was amiss with iCloud, but setting it up on each devices cleared everything up. You should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.