1Password6 Windows CPU Issue

I ham having a recurring problem with extremely slow performance on my Win 10 laptop. Everything is fine and then it just gets slammed. When I go to Task Manager I see that 1Password is at 96% CPU. I can fix this by ending the 1Password task, of course 1P stops working, or I can reboot, in which case everything is fine until it happens again. This has occurred three days in a row. Not good.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MYancey
    MYancey
    Community Member

• Hi @MYancey,

Thanks for reporting this. This isn't normal at all for sure and there are no known issues related to high CPU usage.

First, can you open 1Password 6, unlock, and click on Settings on top right, can you tell me what version is installed on the bottom of the Settings menu?

• MYancey
    MYancey
    Community Member

6.1.285d

• Hi @MYancey,

First thing is we need you to update 1Password, the latest version is 6.1.308d.

My guess is that you're having sync issues and 1Password is spinning up as the result of that as it keeps retrying, this is something we've fixed in a later update.

To do this, open 1Password, unlock, go to Settings on top right, select Options > Updates and then click on Check for Updates.

After it is updated, reopen 1Password, confirm you're on 6.1.308d with the Settings menu and let me know if it is all good now. Please test your sync to make sure it is working in both directions.

• MYancey
    MYancey
    Community Member

Updated to 6.1.308d. I keep you posted.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Please do. Fingers crossed! :)

This discussion has been closed.