how to print a hardcopy of my vault

grandpamike
grandpamike
Community Member

I would like to print a hard copy, in plain text of my existing vaults for safekeeping, in case of a computer problem.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OSX Sierra 10.12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to print a hardcopy of my vault

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @grandpamike,

There are two ways:

1. Select your vault, Edit > Select All, and then File > Print. This is the native 1Password method, but it is quite large, essentially two items per page or so.
    2. Use the onepif2html converter in the converter suite to output a more concise report of all the data in your vault. See the Screenshots and Samples link in the first post of the thread, and look at the onepif2html.pdf file. The template used to create this output can be customized, so if there are aspects you need different, it likely can be done. The converter outputs an HTML page, which you open in a browser, and print. If you select this method, be sure to use the 1.09 version of the converter in Testing Bits.

Please note, none of these methods are terribly secure, so be sure to securely delete any files created during the process.

• Chris90
    Chris90
    Community Member

Dear all
    in 2015 I aked how to print all my passwords saved in 1PW on paper
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/36946/0/#Form_Comment
    Unfortunatly I aseked my question in the iOS forum, what I realy wanted to aske back then is,
    ** how to print on paper all my passwords saved in 1PW form my Desktop Win10 oder iOS 1PW App?**
    This option is still very important to my.
    Thanks
    x

1Password Version: Latest Family V
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Win10; OS10.11; iOS
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:stollen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Please note, none of these methods are terribly secure, so be sure to securely delete any files created during the process.

@grandpamike: Additionally, printing itself is completely insecure, both because printers often cache data and paper is, well...it's paper. So be sure that you keep it in secure location, like a safe deposit box. Cheers! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Chris90: I hope you don't mind, but I've merged your post with an existing discussion on this topic. You may find MrC 's comments above helpful. And be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.