Upgraded device and no longer have 1Password data

This discussion was created from comments split from: Setting up/moving an existing 1Password account to a new iPhone 7.

Comments

• daleyankeefan
    daleyankeefan
    Community Member

Please help! I just replace my iphone 6 with the new iphone 7 and just downloaded 1password again on my new phone. I logged in and NOTHING saved. I had about 25 accounts and passwords saved. PLEASE tell me there is a way to get this back. I turned in my old phone already and they erased everything.

Is there a number i can call to reach someone at 1password?

Justin

• Hi Justin ( @daleyankeefan ),

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

When using the standalone 1Password app (i.e. not a subscription account) by default your data is stored only on the device you enter it on. We do offer sync options as well as manual backups to help prevent the loss of a single device from being catastrophic, but unfortunately unless you had taken advantage of one of those options prior to erasing the data from your phone that doesn't help us now.

Do you still have iCloud/iTunes backups of the old phone? If so it may help to restore one to the new phone. In a number of cases we've heard from customers that this process must be repeated twice in order to restore 1Password's data. You can read more about that from Apple here:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Is there a number i can call to reach someone at 1password?

Sorry but no; unfortunately we're not able to offer telephone support. That said we're happy to answer questions here in our support forums or via private email ( support@agilebits.com ) and strive to answer all inquiries within 24 hours.

Please let us know how it turns out with the iCloud/iTunes backups!

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.