To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I bought a software license, now i am asked to pay a monthly fee

Options

Dear 1Password Team,

I purchased a 1Password license quite a while ago. Today i tried to migrate my old vaults onto my new phone and the app asked me to create a 1Password account, so I could enter the Account Key.
After I did so, I received a notification, that I have 30 days of trial remaining and I need to enter credit card details to keep using 1Password.

So my question: did 1Password just not properly migrate my old license with the new account? Or is there a new version that only supports monthly plans and thus I need to subscribe to keep using 1Password?

Thanks already in advance,
Anton

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: newest iOS and Windows
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

There are now two options, subscription or onetime licence. For the differences, see https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/whats-the-difference-between-a-1password-subscription-and-a-standalone-license#latest

There are quite a few advantages in the subscription, especially for a new user.

Did you have Mac licence, and are you now using an iPhone? If you don't want to get a subscription, the basic iPhone is free with an in-app purchase.

You actually have the option either to use an account (subscription model) or to use 1PW without an account (licence model).

I think we need to know slightly more about your setup before giving detailed advice. For instance, do you have 1PW on your Mac (which seems likely from the info you give) and are now trying to set up and sync on an iPhone. Or was all your data on an old iPhone and you now want it on a new phone.

• Hi @antonschaefer! I'm sorry for the confusion. As danco mentioned, a license doesn't include a subscription account. You're welcome to use 1Password with just a license, or subscribe if you'd like the benefits of that. Hope this helps!

• antonschaefer
    antonschaefer
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the quick replies!

I am running on all kinds of systems, iOS, Mac-OS, Windows and Android.
    I took a look at the comparison linked above and i guess the easiest will be to upgrade my license to an account with subscribtion, as I really like the new implementations and I would not be able to keep track of all my logins without 1Password :)

Thanks again
    Anton

• @antonschaefer Sounds great! We've got a nice little guide to help you get things moved over:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

When you migrate your data on one device, you can sign in to your account on the other ones and remove your old vault there. Then you'll be all set to use your account everywhere. If you have any questions along the way, just let us know.

This discussion has been closed.