To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have a license (3/2015). Will I have a problem signing in to 1Password.com on another computer?

Options
rofrith
rofrith
Community Member

When I bought 1Password last year, I got a "license", apparently. Today, for some reason, I started looking at 1Password and learned about the account key I guess I don't have. Now I am confused. I thought I could log in to 1Password from any computer and use it to log in to my web sites. Can you please explain to me if I am right or wrong, and if I now have to buy a "subscription"?

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member
    Options

You don't have to change anything unless you want the extra features an account offers. You can read about the difference in this post:

The difference between a 1Password.com account and standalone license

• Hi @rofrith! I'm sorry for the confusion. Your license includes access to 1Password for Mac on any of your computers. It didn't include an account, so you don't have an Account Key. You can get a subscription account if you want the benefits it offers, as pervel mentioned above, or keep using 1Password as you always have. To use the app on a new computer, install it from our website and apply your license, then sync your existing data and you'll be all set. Hope this helps. :)

• rofrith
    rofrith
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the help!!! I shouldn't worry about things when everything with 1Password is already going great.

• No problem at all. :) I'm glad you're enjoying 1Password. Hope it continues to be awesome.

This discussion has been closed.