Using the browser extension on iOS

This discussion was created from comments split from: I have a 1password license. I am trying to install 1password on an iphone.

Comments

• jskyking
    jskyking
    Community Member

I have 1P installed on my MAC,IPad, and IPhone. I'm unable to get the (I) to appear enabling password log ins for desired websites. Going to 1PW.ca/browser didn't help.
    Any thoughts or ideas are much appreciated.
    Js

• Hi @jskyking,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Have you installed the 1Password browser extension for your browser on your Mac? That can be done here:

1Password Browser Extensions

On iOS this works a bit differently. You can read about how to set up the extension on iOS here:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• jskyking
    jskyking
    Community Member

Thanks Ben.
    I set up the extension process on both my iPad and iPhone. So far, in my trials to change an existing password has been futile. I hit roadblocks on both Amazon and Google Mail. When I got to the Amazon change password page, I opened 1Pw and attempted to change the password from within the program by copying the newly " generated " password, but 1PW wouldn't let me copy it into Amazon.

• @jskyking

My recommendation there would be to do password change operations on your Mac when possible:

Change your passwords and make them stronger

But if you have to change a password on iOS you'll have to first save the generated password (by selecting "done" in the upper right). That'll automatically copy it to your clipboard, which you can then paste into the website.

Please let us know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• jskyking
    jskyking
    Community Member

Alright-I'll give it a shot. Thx

• jskyking
    jskyking
    Community Member

Ben,
    The alternative method was a little onerous but it worked

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Ben, you are most welcome! I'm glad that helped. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.