Windows versus Mac application and browser extensions

gtyler
gtyler
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I recently converted my devices to use your hosted family account and it went reasonably well. It was a relief that all the items from my current vault stored in DropBox copied to a new personal vault stored on your site. One thing that I found missing in the Windows desktop app was an easy way to move items from my personal vault to different shared vaults so my family members could see them. There's a copy command, but I don't understand why anyone would want to do that as they'll get out of synch. The Mac version had a move command and I could select multiple items. It was a lot of clicks, but it didn't take so long. You need to bring this feature to the Windows version.

But more important is the browser extensions. The Mac version is perfect. The Windows version is too simplified. I switch between PC and Mac constantly really need the category menus for identity and credit cards (others less frequently) that you can access when using Chrome on the Mac but cannot on the Windows version.

1Password Version: 6.1.308d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Family Account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gtyler: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! "Move" is the same as selecting Copy and then deleting the items. Slightly less convenient, but only one additional step to Trash them afterward. We definitely want to have a Move option as well though. Hopefully we can add that soon, but...as you point out, we have some work left to do on the 1Password mini interface. We'll be adding additional categories there as well, but for the time being you can search for a Credit Card or Identity item to fill it. Thanks for your feedback on this!

• gtyler
    gtyler
    Community Member

Do you release BETA versions of the mini interface? How can I be sure to get the newest version and try out the changes? I saw the BETA tag on the download page for my desktop app, so does that get me the BETA versions for the mini app and the extension?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gtyler: It may not be obvious, but 1Password mini is just another view of 1Password itself. So it isn't updated separately, and if you opt-in to betas in 1Password Settings > Options > Updates, you'll get to see prerelease versions of it as well. The extensions, however, are separate so they can be built for the individual browsers. You can get those from our extension page (the beta is just a toggle):

1Password browser extensions (beta)

While the beta extensions are an easier recommendation (though sometimes things break, they're not actually running code on your computer), just keep in mind that the betas of the 1Password app may have involve some things breaking and/or crashing. We make every effort to release them in good shape, but part of the beta process is squashing bugs before a stable release. Sometimes it's fun to live on the edge though. :sunglasses:

This discussion has been closed.