Having trouble dropbox syncing

jakubr
jakubr
Community Member

Hi there,
I'm having trouble syncing my 1password vault to my iphone via dropbox.

I'm running:

• 1password v1.0.9.342 on my pc
  • 1password v6.4.5 on my iphone.

I've previously paid the 'once off' price for both peices of software and would prefer to not have to pay again - happy to be using older versions for the time being.

The error I am getting on my iphone is 'Error Listing Keychains' 1Password encoutered a problem.

The vault syncs between pc's no problem, and browser plugins are working no problem.

thanks, JR

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jakubr: First and foremost, be aware that 1Password for Windows version 1 (which was developed in 2010) will not be able to read a lot of the data from 1Password 6 (from 2016) since it supports newer data types. The old version of 1Password for Windows also does not support current Windows and browser releases. Certainly even if you are able to get the two syncing together (we don't test current releases against legacy software), it wold be best to use the old Windows app as read-only.

The best thing to do wold be to reinstall 1Password for iOS and set it up "without an account". Create a brand new vault with the same Master Password you're using on your computers, and then setup sync with the vault in Dropbox from your PC. Just select More Info and Merge and you should be all set. Let me know how it turns out! :)

• jakubr
    jakubr
    Community Member

Unfortunately that didn't work - same error. Is there a way that I could download an older version of the iPhone app?

• @jakubr,

Unfortunately the iTunes App Store will only allow the latest version that your device supports to be downloaded. The only way to download an older version would be to have an older device that can't run the latest.

Ben

• jakubr
    jakubr
    Community Member

ok... so I'm stuck with no syncing or need to buy the latest version, is this correct?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jakubr: A newer of 1Password will work better of course, but I think there may be at least one more thing you can try. Do you by any chance have the Dropbox app installed on your iPhone? A number of people (including myself) have had issues with this in the past because it will try to handle the setup for 1Password. Try removing it so that 1Password can connect to Dropbox on its own and let me know if that helps.

• jakubr
    jakubr
    Community Member

Hey guys, that didn't work either - same error message too.

• @jakubr,

Could you please send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com? In the email please include:
    Your forum username: jakubr
    A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/72416/

Once you've sent the email you should get an auto-response back from BitBot with a Support ID. Please post that support ID here.

We'll see what we can do for you in this situation.

Thanks!

Ben

P.S. Don't forget to post your Support ID here! :)

This discussion has been closed.