I can sign into my 1PW on my mac air, but cannot sign in on my iPhone. Please help.

jonibbp
jonibbp
Community Member

I have recently changed my master password. I think I've signed onto 1PW with that password on my iPhone, but now it won't allow me to sign in. I set up the digital access, but I don't know how to use that to sign in now. I have been very careful to put in the password accurately, but it's just not working . I can sign into 1PW on my mac Air without a problem.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: wifi - I think
Referrer: forum-search:can't sign into 1PW on my iphone

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jonibbp

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble signing into 1Password. When you change your Master Password you still need to log into the other devices one more time with your old password before the change syncs :chuffed: Could you please try login into 1Password on your iPhone with your old Master Password and see if that works? Could you please check if you lock 1Password again if the change of Master Password has been synced to your iPhone?

Please let us know what you find out. If you're still having some trouble let us know how you're syncing (just go to Preferences, if you don't have a sync button at all then you have a 1Password.com account, if you do see a Sync tab go there and tell us what you see) so we can get this sorted out :chuffed:

• jonibbp
    jonibbp
    Community Member

Thanks so much, Pilar. It worked! Yay! I was able to sign into 1PW on my iPhone with my old password, and then I signed in with my new password. I thought I had already tried the old password, but perhaps I put the old password in incorrectly and then just gave up thinking that wouldn't work either.
    Thanks for the quick response! It was scary when I couldn't sign in. So I really appreciate your help.
    Joanna

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Pilar, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.