Family can't use family account

Options
aces
aces
Community Member

I had a single account, then changed it to a family account. The problem is that my wife can only see the current passwords. She isn't able to change them or add to our vault. What are we doing wrong? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@aces: I'm glad to hear that you've chosen to use 1Password Families with your own family! Just make sure you invite your wife, add items you want to share to a shared vault, and that she logs into her 1Password Account on her devices so she can access it. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• aces
    aces
    Community Member
    Options

I'm so sorry to be the problem child, but I can't get my personal vault transferred to the shared vault. I have 3 vaults set up on my account, but only one has the data. I tried doing what you have said in your instructions, but I don't seem to have a "share" option.

• aces
    aces
    Community Member
    Options

I am trying to set up a shared vault. Can I not transfer the data on my Iphone? It doesn't appear so. The problem is that I can't get my primary vault to show up on my PC, only the empty shared vault. I have both of them on my phone. What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Help! I can't get my data from my personal account to my family account

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@aces: You're no problem at all! We'll get this sorted out. It is possible to move items between vaults in 1Password for iOS, but only one at a time. So if you have a lot of transferring to do, it would be best to do it on a computer.

I wonder if I'm on the wrong track and confusing things for you unnecessarily. Unfortunately without some basic information you left out of your original post, it's hard for me to give specific instructions. Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, what device do you currently see your data on, and what vault is it stored in? Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.