feature request (and/or help in finding this info (?))

dualedge
dualedge
Community Member

First time poster but long time user of 1Password - Love the app and recommend it to anybody the subject comes up to.

If there's another option than what I suggest below, I'd appreciate help in locating the info on how to do it other than doing it manually every time (which seems really often for me since I work as a web designer and am CONSTANTLY creating new logins it seems.)

Anywho, the one snag I regularly hit is in generating passwords that fit the myriad of requirements across the interwebz.

I prefer using word based passwords for anything I actually want to try to remember and tend to use long randomized strings for whatever I don't need to remember.

The problem is that many sites require at least one capital letter and one number in order for a password to be accepted and so if I want to use a word based password, I just have to manually edit it to add those. It'd be nice if including capital(s) and numbers(s) were toggles within the password creation field for word based passwords. That way if you need them, you can toggle them on and if you don't, just ignore it. Currently the word-based password generator just allows for number of words and separators but that's it.

It's a small thing but one of the few productive suggestions I've had that may have already been suggested before...

Thanks for the great app!

Rob

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 652003
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @dualedge .

That is a great suggestion. I often encounter the same problem. We're always looking to improve the password generator and I've passed this suggestion along to the development team.

Regards,
    Kevin

ref: OPM-3593

This discussion has been closed.