How to delete from only one device?

Options
sfenn
sfenn
Community Member

I am using a Mac and iPhone and syncing via iCloud. There are some logins I do not want available on the iPhone. How do I delete them without deleting them on the Mac as well?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@sfenn iCloud syncs only your primary vault (see this knowledge base article) so the solution that suggests would be setup of an independent secondary vault on your Mac which contains the items you do not wish to sync to your iPhone.

If that still presents a problem for any reason do post again—but then tell us what versions of 1Password you're using on both yout iPhone and your Mac.

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

Hi @sfenn,

@Stephen_C's proposed solution seems spot on. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Thanks for taking the time to chime in here Stephen! :)

Ben

• sfenn
    sfenn
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for helping me out. I think I've got it working right, however I seem to have been forced to do it backwards: I only had only the one vault, so I had to create a Primary one (via preferences). The Primary Vault does NOT sync, and does not reveal its existence on my other devices. The original vault (now automatically made a secondary one) does sync. Just what I wanted. Thanks.

Scott

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update Scott. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.