Search on browser extension

Options

When searching through 1Password saved logins using browser extension (in windows, do not know how it performs in other SOs) the results are being ordered in a user unfriendly way, at least for me. They should be ordered in alphabetic order, or at least have the change to choose which order is desired.
I cannot find a way to do so. Am I seeing this right or am I being a NOOB?

1Password Version: 4.6.1.616
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @proldao,

Thanks for writing in.

They are sorted by the alphabetical order. I tested this and it does for me:

Can you tell me how are you trying to search in the 1Password Helper, are you trying as soon as you bring up 1Password Helper or are you clicking on Search first?

I think the issue might be if you're clicking on Search first as I see this:

• proldao
    proldao
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,
    Yes, that is the case. When clicking search is not ordering. In my case I have several quite similar entries and as they are scattered in an unknown order I have to browse all the list to select the one I want. That is error prone and takes unneeded time as I find myself browsing back and forward to find the one I want
    Most of the time I choose go&fill instead of opening the site and selecting credentials afterwards so this is a big annoyance for me in an otherwise awesome product which I've been using for years now in several platforms.

• Hi @proldao,

I do believe this is a bug, I've filed a bug report and we'll see if we can fix this. For now, I'd suggest typing right away as soon as you click on the 1Password extension, this will be sorted correctly.

ref: OPW-597

This discussion has been closed.