Various 1Password 6 Windows issues

defiant
defiant
Community Member
edited November 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi there,

I'm currently trialling 1Password, after a bit of an absence. I'd gone back to Lastpass as the 1Passwrd windows app, at the time, was quite bad compared to the OSX one. Although my primary device is a MacBook Pro I also have a PC I use on occasion.

I've got a few issues with the new Windows 1Password 6 app, wondering if they're known or specific to me?

• Intermittently, I can't put it down to what I'm doing, the 1Password Chrome extension will take ~30 seconds to do anything on clicking it or pressing CTRL+\
  • Intermittently, when the above occurs the 1Password application won't load
  • The Chrome (Chrome stable or beta) extension auto fills logon and passwords but doesn't automatically sign in. Auto sign in works fine in Firefox. I've tried the beta 1Password extension and that doesn't work either. Happens on any website, including this one.
  • On first launch of 1Password app e.g. after a reboot, or manually exiting then opening it again, then clicking the 1Password chrome extension and unlocking the vault results in it saying "no suitable items found, start typing to search in all items" even though there's an entry for that specific page - picture attached. If you click the Chrome extension again it finds the password for the site

Since authorising the Firefox extension, and subsequently removing it, I haven't been able to replace the delay issue

1Password Version: 6.1.308d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password individual

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @defiant, thanks for your feedback! I'll try to address each one of your concerns below.

the 1Password Chrome extension will take ~30 seconds to do anything on clicking it or pressing CTRL+\

This is strange. I know you're not sure what is causing it, but do you know when it occurs? If you ever run into this issue again, please generate a diagnostic report and send it over to us immediately. Here how.

The Chrome (Chrome stable or beta) extension auto fills logon and passwords but doesn't automatically sign in.

This is a known issue and we're working on finding a solution.

On first launch of 1Password app e.g. after a reboot, or manually exiting then opening it again, then clicking the 1Password chrome extension and unlocking the vault results in it saying "no suitable items found, start typing to search in all items" even though there's an entry for that specific page - picture attached. If you click the Chrome extension again it finds the password for the site

This is another known issue and will be improved in the future.

Since authorising the Firefox extension, and subsequently removing it, I haven't been able to replace the delay issue

I think you're speaking about the delay issue you mentioned in your first point. If so, was the delay only occurring when tried to use the extension in Firefox? Can you try reauthorizing Firefox to see if the delay returns.

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply @mohamedosman

The first time the delay issue had occurred it was after unlocking my PC whilst sitting in front of it, I had been RDP'd to my PC from my MacBook Pro earlier in the day.

I had pressed CTRL+\ outside of Chrome by accident then when I brought focus back to Chrome, went to a website, then attempted to use CTRL+\ nothing happened - being an impatient user I then clicked the extension icon a few times which eventually resulted in the little window popping up and disappearing a few times.

From that point on, clicking the extension icon or pressing CTRL+\ would take ~30 secs for the 1Password window popping up
    team.

With regards to Firefox, I mean that once I had authorised it the delay went away and has stayed away since. I was using Firefox to test that auto login was working with a different browser before asking on here :)

At the time I did create two separate diagnostic files but not sure I captured anything, should I send those through just in case?

Would you like a dump of the entire 1password eventlog as well?

I just want to add that I'm liking the direction the windows app is heading in, it's refreshing to use compared to the old one!

Cheers!

• Hi @defiant,

To me, it sounds like the main 1Password app process wasn't running at the time, which means 1Password mini won't show up either as they're the same process but separate views. When you saw the delay, could you recall if you saw the 1Password icon in the notification area?

When you click on the 1Password icon in Chrome, if it doesn't detect 1Password mini running, it will fall back and send a system call to open up the main 1Password app, and that sometimes can take a while depending on your system's spec.

Please check this for me:

1. Open the main 1Password app, unlock, and click on Settings on top right to select Options.
    2. Go to the General tab on the left sidebar and make sure Start 1Password automatically when I sign in to Windows is checked.

At the time I did create two separate diagnostic files but not sure I captured anything, should I send those through just in case?

Yes, please do send them to us at support+windows@agilebits.com along with the link to this thread and your forum username, so we can connect the email to this thread.

The content of the event log should already be included in the diagnostics report. So, you don't have to include it for now. We'll ask you to pull it if we need it.

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member

A 1password process was definitely running in the task manager when I was experiencing the delay, it's set to start automatically when I sign in as well

Will email through the diagnostics to see if I managed to capture anything

• We've got the logs and will reply to your email as soon as possible.

Thanks!

ref: XKL-44345-422

This discussion has been closed.