Credit card records don't sync from iOS using iCloud

I entered my credit cards into my the 1Password app on my phone, but the records will not sync to my online account or to my 1Password Windows application. I have tried forcing the sync without any luck.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6.4.5
OS Version: iOS 10.1.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:credit cards don't sync from ios

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pdv: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Indeed, the iCloud sync service is not available to apps on Windows, so you will not be able to sync data there that way. However, you can use Dropbox or a 1Password.com subscription, as both of these work across all platforms. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• pdv
    pdv
    Community Member

Brenty,

That was my thought when I first started using 1Password.

I found that I couldn't originate entries from my laptop (win7) and make them show up elsewhere. If I added or edited something on my desktop (win10) or phone (iOS 10), those entries would sync everywhere. I do not have the iCloud Drive application on my desktop or my laptop, but my phone is definitely set up as iCloud under Settings -> Vaults -> Primary -> Sync Service.

Doesn't this mean 1Password has some sort of syncing capability outside of iCloud?

Turns out the original issue wasn't an issue - I didn't realize when I created my account it made two separate vaults - Primary and Personal. The credit cards were saved to the Primary vault I never looked through. I copied the entries over to my Personal vault and they showed up on the rest of my devices.

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Doesn't this mean 1Password has some sort of syncing capability outside of iCloud?

@pdv: That means that your iPhone's Primary vault is syncing with iCloud. Any recent Apple devices can. However, Apple does not provide frameworks for this on non-Apple platforms, so that's why you're not able to access it through iCloud on Windows (or Android).

It sounds like you may already be using the 1Password.com subscription service to sync other vaults on some devices, if you're able to access it through your account on some of your PCs. You'll have a Personal vault which you can access through 1Password.com as well, since it's part of your account. But it sounds like you still need to set it up on Windows 7. Can you tell me which 1Password version you're using there?

• pdv
    pdv
    Community Member

Windows 10 is using 6.1.308d

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pdv: I'm sorry if I misunderstood. Is it not working on Windows 10? I thought it was Windows 7 where you were having trouble. Do you see anything "Pending" on the left in the app?

• pdv
    pdv
    Community Member

Sorry I meant to say Windows 10 & 7 are using that same version. Nothing shows as pending on either computer.

• Hi @pdv,

Thanks for writing back.

To clarify a few things, the Primary vault is not part of the 1Password.com account, it's a local vault you're using that's being sync'ed via iCloud.

So, in 1Password on your iOS device, you have two separate setups, the iCloud sync with a local vault (Primary) and 1Password.com service with the Personal vault.

It sounds like we just need to fix the 1Password app on your iOS device to only sync with your 1Password.com account, does that sound right to you?

If yes, can you confirm all of your 1Password data is already in your Personal vault? You can open the Primary vault on your iOS and compare the item counts with 1Password on your Windows PC, see if they're even close. If yes, check the most recent changes to confirm they're there.

Also, I'd recommend backing up your 1Password data on the iOS device with this guide before we proceed.

This discussion has been closed.