Problem with adding my backup to 1password account

Options
rphillips
rphillips
Community Member

Hi - My computer crashed so I had to delete everything from the hard drive. My 1password app was removed. I was able to download a backup of my 1password information from my iphone through itunes. On my iphone all my passwords are listed in my "Primary" vault which I dont think is connected to my personal account with 1password. The backup file is in a zip file. I am not sure how to add all these passwords to my computer 1password app. How do I do this and move all the passwords over to my "Personal" vault so everything syncs from my computer and iphone?

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: mac OS Sierra
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:backup

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rphillips

I'm very sorry for the trouble that you're having with your computer and the confusion with 1Password. Were you using both an account and a local vault when your computer crashed? If everything was on your Personal vault to begin with, then you only need to add your account again in your computer. You can see how to do that here.

Can you please try this and let us know what you find out? If there's still data missing let us know so we can find the best way to sort this out :chuffed:

• rphillips
    rphillips
    Community Member
    Options

I was only using a local vault on my computer and iphone when the computer crashed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rphillips: It sounds like you have the data on your iPhone still at least, which is a relief! Please setup iCloud sync there if you haven't already, and then you setup 1Password on your Mac to get the vault from iCloud before migrating the data to your 1Password Account. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• rphillips
    rphillips
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to set up iCloud syncing on my iphone, but on the new 1password 6 Preferences, there is no option to enable syncing from icloud. Why do you do that?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rphillips: iCloud sync can be setup in 1Password for Mac Preferences > Sync. However, it only works for the Primary vault, and you will not have a Primary vault in 1Password if you setup the app with a 1Password.com Account, because sync is automatic in that case. But you can enable local vaults in Preferences > Advanced. Does that help?

This discussion has been closed.