Incorrect sorting in 1Password for Mac OS

Options
Hans_Olsson
Hans_Olsson
Community Member

Just installed to latest version of 1Password on my MacBook Pro but it sorts the entries incorrect (see enclosed picture). On my iPad it is correct.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.12.1
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:Incorrect sorting in 1Password for Mac OS

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Hans_Olsson: Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like those are sorted correctly...but 1Password is bizarrely breaking out Å. Is that correct, or are you seeing other anomalies as well?

• Hans_Olsson
    Hans_Olsson
    Community Member
    Options

The strange thing was that it on my MacBook Pro it sorted it as shown on the picture but on my iPad it was sorted correctly (appart for "Å" of course but that is a common problem shared with many other applications).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Hans_Olsson: I've filed a bug report for this. I'm not sure which is preferable though, sorting the accented characters in the with the regular letters (as in 1Password for Mac), or after them (as in 1Password for iOS). What do you think? But we definitely want it to be consistent, and don't want those bizarre headers showing up like that. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

ref: OPM-4623

• Hans_Olsson
    Hans_Olsson
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I would prefer to have like in my iPad. Optimal would be to have exactly as in every languages alphabet (for Sweden, that would be Å, Ä and Ö in the end).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Hans_Olsson: Thanks for your input! I wasn't sure if it was useful to have the accented characters listed after the regular ones, but that's probably doable. Frankly, since we're able to share a lot of code between macOS and iOS, I'm surprised this is different in the first place! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.