To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I add a new computer without an account key or emergency kit but with a license?

I have a 1password login and password, and I use it on my laptop and phone, but I can't find my account key and don't have a record of an emergency kit.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I add new computer without account key?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Accounts, with their keys and emergency kit, are a feature of the new subscription based model only.

If you are using the one-time licence, they aren't relevant.

What are currently doing to sync between laptop and phone?

On the new machine, you should be able to start up from the beginning in the mode "Use without account". And then there is an option to find your data elsewhere, which should allow you to get into your iCloud or Dropbox sync (or even another approach). If all goes well your licence will be automatically copied over to the new machine.

• Hi @katherinenelsen! I'm sorry for the confusion. As danco mentioned, you only have an Account Key and Emergency Kit if you have a subscription account. Learn more about the difference between a 1Password subscription and a standalone license. To get started with 1Password on a new device, you can sync your existing data:

How to move your 1Password data to a new computer or device

Let us know how that goes :)

This discussion has been closed.