I don't see the edit icon described on the help page. Where is it?

williamansley
williamansley
Community Member

OK, I see what the problem is now. I can't edit the vaults that were created by default when I set up my family account, "Personal" and "Shared". Is this the way it is supposed to work? If so, why don't you say so in the documentation? It would have saved me some very frustrating moments.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.5.2 (652003) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: 1password family account
Referrer: forum-search:I do not see any edit/pencil icons for my vaults when logged on to my family account in Chrome

Comments

• Martok
    Martok
    Community Member

@williamansley you are correct, you cannot edit the names of the Personal and Shared Vaults, nor the permissions set on these (though you can delete the Shared Vault).

This has been commented on by several people across various threads, some of whom would like to at least rename the vaults. Hopefully Agilebits will consider this in the future.

• williamansley
    williamansley
    Community Member

@Martok Thanks for confirming my guess. I did find that the fact that you can't edit the Personal and Shared vaults is mentioned in the documentation here https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-com/, but it would be a good idea to mention it again here https://support.1password.com/create-share-vaults/ for people who skip around in the documentation, like me.

• rickfillion
    edited December 2016

Hi @williamansley,

Looks like you got the correct answer from Martok. I think you're right that our documentation should state this, and I've filed a bug against our documentation requesting that we mention this on that page.

Sorry for the confusion. Don't hesitate to let us know of any other oddities you find.

Rick

ref: akb-315

• williamansley
    williamansley
    Community Member

@rickfillion,

Thanks for your response. I would like to add my name to the list of people requesting that the ability to change the names of the Personal and Shared vaults be added to one Password.

--
    William

• Hi @williamansley,

Sounds good.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.