Feature Request - Custom form field template used with all new Logins, Secure Notes, etc.

One of the great things about 1password is the ability to customize the fields.

I would love to ability to create customized form layouts for Logins/Secure Notes/Credit Cards/Identities, etc and then that customized layout be used when adding a new login, etc.

I find myself customizing the field layout every time I create something new by adding new fields, renaming section, deleting, etc.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• I'd also find this useful. Currently for Secure Notes I've created a Secure Note with all the Sections and Labels I think I'll need. Saving it as ~Template. The ~ places it at the top of the list. Next time I need a secure note all I do is duplicate it, fill the pertinent data, save it. Over time I've added and removed items. Could do similar with most any, perhaps all of the categories. Having a customized form be the default would rock!

• rudyrudy

Team Member

Hi @amickert and @egoham,

Thanks for the feedback. This is something that we've been putting a lot of thought towards over the last while. We have some interesting ideas that we aren't ready to share yet.

At least my reading of your request is that you want to have a custom set of fields and sections be part of any new item that gets created?

If that's what you're looking for then I think our ideas would cover what you're trying to accomplish.

Rudy

• Hi @ rudy

You understand what I'm hoping for. You guys, the AgileBits Team, will likely over deliver as usual.

Ed

• rickfillionrickfillion Junior Member

Team Member

We'll try our best. :)

Rick

• I'm looking forward to this as well. Changing "state" to "province" for example is one small example of an item I'd like to change the name of for new items.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

I think that customization like this is something that just about anyone can find a use for. That makes it more complicated since we need to take into account many use cases, but if we're able to find a good solution that will be a huge win. :)

This discussion has been closed.