How can my son login to 1password with his email, account key, pswd and connect to only his vault?

mcripster
mcripster
Community Member

I upgraded to 1Password for Families last night. I then created a vault for my son and copied a few passwords from my Vault into his.

Yes we saved his Emergency Kit.

But now I want him to be able to login to HIS Vault directly on his phone, or computer, using HIS email, account key and master password, but I am unable to get that to work. The only thing I've been able to get to work is having him login to our family account using MY email, account key and master password, which is not what I want to do.

I'm sure you have a solution to this.

Thanks,
Carl
Bayport, MN

1Password Version: 6.5.2 Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: 1Password for Families
Referrer: forum-search:how to login as family member instead of administrator

Comments

• Hi @mcripster! If you're only able to sign in with your account, it sounds like your son may not be on the family yet. He needs to have his own account as a member of the family, which would mean he gets his own Emergency Kit as well. Have you tried signing in with the account code in the Emergency Kit you saved for him? You can scan that by choosing Sign In when you open 1Password for Mac or iOS. The specifics for setting up 1Password if he hasn't used it before are in this knowledge base article:

Set up the apps

If he's already using 1Password, he can sign in and migrate his existing data with some different steps. Let us know how that goes. :)

This discussion has been closed.