I have moved from a 1Password license, synced via Dropbox, to a family account. How is it synced?

ErikNo
ErikNo
Community Member

My iPhone says it's Primary vault is synced via Dropbox.
In my Mac App there is no Primary vault, only a personal and a shared one. I can not find any information on how the vaults are synced.
Is it safe to delete the Dropbox sync file? How do I delete the Primary vault on my iPhone?

I have copied all my stuff from the Primary to my Personal vault.

Comments

• Hi @ErikNo! Glad to hear you got things moved over. :) Sync happens automatically with the account. Your encrypted data is synced to the 1Password server and you can get it by signing in to your account. So just sign in on your other devices to start using your new account there and you'll be all set:

Set up the apps

Hope that helps.

• ErikNo
    ErikNo
    Community Member

I understand that but I don't know how to delete the Primary vault from my iPhone. I move away the sync file from Dropbox, now the app wants to sync....

• @ErikNo After you've moved all your data to your account, you can remove your Primary vault from your iPhone by following the steps in that guide:

Remove your old vault from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch by opening 1Password and choosing Settings > Advanced > Erase All 1Password Data. Launch 1Password after this completes and sign in to your account to continue using it.

Hope that helps :)

This discussion has been closed.