To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

My ex might have access to my 1password account. How do I delete account and passwords?

ullafl
ullafl
Community Member

I have a trial account with 1passwords and have saved 50-60 passwords on there. I need to delete account and all password because my ex might have access to it. How do i do that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My ex might have access to my 1password account. How do I delete account and passwords?

Comments

• Hi @ullafl! You can change your Master Password and Account Key to make sure no one else has access to your account. To change your Master Password or regenerate your Account Key, sign in to your account from 1Password.com and click the account menu in the top right, then select My Profile. Click "Change Master Password", then fill out those fields with updated info and confirm the changes.

Next, click the pencil beside your Account Key, type your Master Password, and click Regenerate Account Key. Lastly, click the Generate Emergency Kit button and store that in a safe place so you can sign in later on if you use a different device or reset your browser.

Let us know how that goes! :)

• ullafl
    ullafl
    Community Member

Hi Jacob. Thank you so much for leaving this explanation. I got the 1password app through App Store. I managed to change the password on my phone but when I go to my laptop, it has the old password and there is no place there where I can make any password changes. My iphone also did not have an Account key option.

My phone should be safe but I don't know if my ex can login remotely since my computer is still using old password. Or is it the case that since I installed it through app store that it can only be logged in from my laptop or phone and not from the website?

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ullafl: Ah, thanks for clarifying. Sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may have been using the standalone 1Password app then. You would have to change it locally on each device then, or sync it.

However, it's important to note that there is no "remote access" unless you stored your data in the 1Password.com service. Even then, the only way anyone — including you — would be able to access your 1Password vault is using the Master Password you chose. Unless they have that, the data will remain encrypted and useless to anyone but you.

• ullafl
    ullafl
    Community Member

thank you so much for that information.

• On behalf of brenty, you're welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.