To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Trouble setting up account

Pelao
Pelao
Community Member

Hi
I must be having a dumb day...
I have been using 1Password for years. I have a new Mac and want to set up the app. I chose to do so by scanning from my iPhone, which is running the latest version of 1Password. But - when I follow the instructions I simply can't find the Account details or QR code on my phone. Under accounts there is a graphic, then a section about Add an Account and that is it...

What am I missing?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    edited December 2016

Hi @Pelao! I’m sorry for the confusion about an account. We recently introduced a 1Password subscription service, which has automatic sync between your devices, access to 1Password anywhere, and an account to access everything. If you purchased 1Password a while back, you didn't get an account with the new service. You can create one to get the benefits accounts include, or you can keep using 1Password as you always have. Learn more about the difference between a subscription account and standalone license.

To get started with 1Password on your new Mac, you can sync your existing data to it. I'd recommend using iCloud:

How to sync 1Password with iCloud

Let us know how that goes. :)

This discussion has been closed.