Help! All passwords deleted after app update

Options
corskip
corskip
Community Member

So my 1password app auto updated recently and everything I had is gone. Is there any way to get it back? Mild panic is setting in...

Comments

• saad
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi @corskip. I am very sorry to hear you are unable to access your 1Password data. We test our updates very carefully to make sure we don’t ever run into a situation like this. Let’s figure out what’s going on.

1. When you launch 1Password on your device, are you presented with the lock screen or the setup screen?
    2. Are you using a 1Password.com account? If not, have you configured sync within 1Password for your primary vault?
    3. Are you using 1Password on any other devices?

Let’s continue from there.

• corskip
    corskip
    Community Member
    Options

Initially, I was brought to the setup screen which asked me for an account # that I did not have. Nor had I been asked to register for the previous version. I have since created a 1password account in hopes it would restore my data (it did not). I have also set up sync with Dropbox. I'm afraid that having done all this after the fact will not help in restoring lost passwords...

I am not using 1password on any other devices.

• Thanks for getting back to me, @corskip. Did you perform the update through the Play Store? Have you cleared the app data or uninstalled 1Password before the update? I am wondering how your data was removed from an app update :(

By design, we do not store your data on our servers unless you are using a 1Password.com account. If you were not using an account at the time, then you would need to enable Sync from Settings to export your data to a external data folder with your information encrypted. Otherwise, your data is stored within the app, so if it is uninstalled or the app data is cleared, then your data is permanently deleted.

This discussion has been closed.