No more multiple url fields for each Login?

southernforge
southernforge
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Families

Hi @Ben,
The functionality of mutiple url's associated with a login entry before 1Password for Families was an important and useful feature - one that I used for many of my login entries.

To now find that functionality is just ... gone, is insane.
Who at AgileBits thought that removing the ability to edit/add mutiple url fields would be a good idea? :(

Note: I first posted this as a reply to a thread that was already several months old, and assumed it would be more productive to repost as a new comment.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @southernforge,

No one thought that that was a good idea. :) It sounds like what you're seeing is probably a bug or that one of our apps hasn't implemented this. Can you tell us which app you're seeing this in? I'm looking at the Mac app right now and I still see this functionality, as well as in the webapp.

Looking forward to hearing more about this.

Rick

• southernforge
    southernforge
    Community Member

Hi @rickfillion,

Good Afternoon, and thank you for your reply. I previously was using 1Password 4 for Windows, and appreciated that multiple url's could be entered for one login record - this would account, for example, both a bank site login, and the different address what would occur if my current session there timed out - I would have an option to login again, but the "session timed out" url is not the same as the original bank site login. But having both url's entered in one login record ensured I could use 1P 4 on both pages to login. Does that make sense?

Well, I purchased a Families subscription, installed 1P 6 for Windows, ver 6.1.308d. In this application, when creating a login, I no longer have the option of creating multiple url entries for one login record.

This seems unnecessarily limiting, and a step backward.

Thanks for hearing me :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@southernforge: Ah, thanks for clarifying. I agree completely: I'm in the same situation with a number of banks! We're not trying to limit you (or me), I promise! However, the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app does not yet have a full item editor. It will display them if they are present though. So while this is something we'll be adding in an update, in the mean time, you can add multiple URLs to items in the 1Password.com web interface. Let me know if that helps! :)

• southernforge
    southernforge
    Community Member

@brenty - yes, that makes perfect sense re: editing via the 1Password.com web interface.

It sure does seem as though the 1Password 6 application for Windows was rolled out way before it was ready for primetime, though :|

• Hi @southernforge,

There's still a lot of work to be done in the Windows app before it catches up to our other apps, that's for sure. The team has been doing an amazing job, doubly so when we consider that they literally started from scratch and didn't use any code from our version 4 app. They'll get there.

Rick

• southernforge
    southernforge
    Community Member

Hi @rickfillion,

I agree they have been doing great work! The widespread ability to access my login data, not dependent on Dropbox, is amazing...

• Loving it :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.