My master password on MacOs app and on the website Login are not the same.

Hi !
I use 1password every day at work so i have the right Master Password for the MacOs application as well as the extension.
But when i tried to sign in to my account on the website, my Master Password is not recognized.

Is it possible that i have two different Master Passwords?

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.6 BETA-1
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: 10.10.5 (14F27)
Sync Type: None

Comments

• ag_kevinag_kevin Junior Member

Team Member

Hi @ZacMarston ,

It sounds like you had vaults from before you had an account on the website. When this happens, the 1Password app can have a different password so it can unlock your account and the "local" (not part of your account) vaults. If you don't use these vaults any more (e.g. the Primary vault) we can help you remove that so it only uses vaults from your account, and then it will use the same Master Password as the website.

The password for the website is likely the same one you had when you set up the account. If you do not remember it, check to see if you printed the Emergency Kit that was shown when you set up the account. You may have written it there.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Regards,
    Kevin

• Thanks for the explanations.

The vault i'm using is the one with the account key beginning by: A3-GB9C37.
    Unfortunately i don't remember my first master password. So my first account may be closed.
    When this will be done, does this mean that i'll be able to sign in on the web app with the master password i'm currently using or should I do something first ? Like register again on the site for example?

Regards

• ag_kevinag_kevin Junior Member

Team Member

Hi @ZacMarston ,

The web login is only for your account. So if you close the account, you won't be able to log in via web, until you register for a new one. So, if you do not remember the password for the account, here's what I recommend:

1. Move all items out of your Personal (and any vaults belonging to the account) to your Primary vault. The Primary vault is local to your device only and does not sync through 1Password.com. If you have any Document items, save those out to a folder on your computer. Only 1Password.com account vaults support documents.
    2. Email [email protected] from the email address associated with your account, asking for it to be deleted.

Once that is done, you can register for a new account, (you can even use the same Master Password if you like). Then move your data back into the new Personal vault.

If you have any questions on this, please let us know.

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.