It'd be great to have the email/login associated with a given entry displayed in parens

Options

I have many accounts on the same services, just one example is 15+ google logins. What I do now to know which one is which is name them something like "Google (jonsmith@example.com)" and "Google (workemail@example.com)", but only about half of my logins were created this way so it's not fool proof. What's worse is since we're on the team account, not all my co-workers are diligent about doing this in our shared vault. The result is when I have 15+ matches when trying to auto-fill via the keyboard shortcut, I have to arrow into each one momentarily to see which entry is the one I want to login with this time. If there was an optional "Show the login in parens next to the name" checkbox, I'd check that box so hard... :D

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:show which account

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, @jondkinney. Thanks for your post. In 1Password for Mac, if you have multiple items with the exact same title, we will display some additional information about the item in the list. If the titles are not the same, 1Password assumes you can differentiate them. So, in your case, if all of those Google Logins are saved as "Google", then 1Password should dynamically add in the username for you. This is done dynamically rather than actually altering the title of your items as saved in the vault.

This won't help for Shared vault because the Favorite marking is stored in the item so it would apply for everyone using that vault, but if you have an item in your Personal vault or another vault, something else you might consider is adding some items to Favorites so they get the star badge and are bubbled up to the top of your lists of Logins in the browsers.

I hope that helps!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

This discussion has been closed.