Are document versions supported in Team vaults?

imnotarobot
imnotarobot
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Business and Teams

How can I update a document in place within a team vault, so that I don't have to re-enter descriptions and tags each time I upload a new copy? Also, is there versioning of docs in team vaults?

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.5.9
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Teams
Referrer: forum-search:document versions

Comments

• Hi @imnotarobot,

Versioning of Documents was one of the core ideas that we wanted when we designed 1Password documents. So the answer to your question is "yes, documents support versioning." Unfortunately, the only app that exposes this functionality so far is our webapp. If you login to your Teams website, and view a Document item, you'll be able to hit Edit, and swap out the file that's associated with the document. You can then access the various versions via View Item History.

I'd love for all of this to be much better than what it is. For example it would be awesome if in the Mac app you could simply open the document file in an editor, make changes, hit Save... and be done. We aren't there yet. We made sure that the underlying design supported these kinds of things so that we can do them later, but we haven't yet gotten around to building that kind of integration.

I hope this helps.

Rick

• imnotarobot
    imnotarobot
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

Thanks @rickfillion. That works nicely. I now have a follow-up question - Can I bulk upload files to a vault?

• Let us know how that goes. :)

Rick

• imnotarobot
    imnotarobot
    Community Member

So, I figured out rather quickly that bulk upload does not work.

• imnotarobot
    imnotarobot
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

I'd like to file a feature request for bulk uploads to 1P Teams.
    Also, bulk tag updates would be fantastic. Especially if I could then drag a group of items onto a tag definition. I know it's an older product, but Yojimbo's approach to tagging is what I'm thinking of in this instance.

Thanks for a great product.

• It's supported in 1Password 6 for Windows right now, so you're welcome to use a PC if you'd like to do that. Click New Item -> Import files as Documents in the app to do this. I'll let the team know you're interested in it on other platforms as well.

ref: OPM-4654

This discussion has been closed.