Account still frozen after paying $65??

I am extremely perplexed right now. I tried 1Password's free trial, and when it was up, my account was frozen. I just purchased the 65 dollar license from the site according to the link in my application, but now my account is still frozen? What's going on??

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX El Capitan
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MeganMegan 1Password Alumni

Hi @keithmattix,

I sincerely apologize for the confusion here! It seems that you purchased a standalone license instead of adding a credit card to your 1Password account. I’ll mention this to our development team, as I can certainly see how the link in the app is a little bit less than clear.

Since your purchase is within the last 30 days, I’d be happy to refund it for you. In order to unfreeze your 1Password account, you’ll want to sign in to the web interface, click on your Team/Family name and select the ‘Billing’ option:

I hope this helps, but we’re here if you have any other questions or concerns.

• Ah I see. Thank you for your prompt reply. Please refund my purchase.

• MeganMegan 1Password Alumni

Hi @keithmattix,

I’ve issued a refund for your purchase of the 1Password desktop license. You should see the funds returned in a few days.

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

• jmcnieljmcniel
    edited December 2016

I have the exact same issue. So the solution is to add a credit card and pay an additional 2.99? This is how I unlock my account? I guess I have no choice, I just signed in and had to pay an additional $35.99. So this thing is a grand total of $101 to use. This cannot be right.

• dancodanco Senior Member Community Moderator

@jmcniel I have responded to this issue in the thread that you started. You don't have to pay $101, the $65 you already paid is enough.

• ok, thanks for the rapid response. I must have also bought a double account I did not need to.

• @jmcniel Hey again! I replied to you in the other thread you created and wanted to follow-up here to make sure you did not miss it. If you can follow-up with me there we should be able to get you sorted out! :)

This discussion has been closed.