Windows 6.1.308d: sync rejecting ("Pending Changes"), cannot remove

Bug report for 1PW Families on Windows 10, probably related to new form element validation:

On update to 6.1.308d (previously 296d), I found that 1 item was flagged as Pending Changes. I examined it and found these saved web form elements:

I tried to delete and recreate this entry, which resulted in this:

The item is in the Trash, but "Pending Changes" category remain; the listing is empty when the category is selected.
Editing and re-saving the item also did not resolve the sync issue, since the Windows client has no edit access to saved web form elements.

I don't think 6.1.308d created this problem (the original item was created 11/4), but I think maybe the new form validation may have flagged some of these form elements as invalid? My previous looks at the Diagnostics log in previous versions in the last 2 weeks did not pop up any sync failures I can remember.

Log summary:

6.1.308 Diagnostics Report 2 accounts id | type | state | server 1 | #Folder | | localhost 2 | F | A | https://[--------].1password.com/ 4 vaults id | account | type | items | permissions 1 | 2 | P | 165 | read, update item, create item, move to trash, empty trash, view history, send item, reveal password, import, export, print 14 items not modified, rejection reason is <empty>, rejection build <none> 133 items not modified, rejection reason is <empty>, rejection build 0 17 items not modified, rejection reason is , rejection build 0 1 items modified, rejection reason is 104, rejection build 308 2 | 2 | E | 1 | read, update item, create item, move to trash, empty trash, view history, send item, reveal password, import, export, print 1 items not modified, rejection reason is <empty>, rejection build 0 3 | 2 | U | 5 | read, update item, create item, move to trash, empty trash, view history, send item, reveal password, import, export, print 3 items not modified, rejection reason is <empty>, rejection build 0 2 items not modified, rejection reason is , rejection build 0 10 | 2 | U | 1 | read, update item, create item, move to trash, empty trash, view history, send item, reveal password, import, export, print 1 items not modified, rejection reason is , rejection build 0

This is the first occurrence of a failure, but of course, I think previous versions had been less verbose about logging:
i:0 2016-11-24 13:52:40Z AgileBits.OnePassword.ObjectModel.AccountSyncActivity Pushed items 0, failed 1 items, new vault content version is 349, success = True i:0 2016-11-24 13:52:40Z AgileBits.OnePassword.ObjectModel.AccountSyncActivity Synced A2. i:0 2016-11-24 13:52:40Z AgileBits.OnePassword.ObjectModel.ItemManager Loaded 171 item overviews from database in 31 ms.

I have emailed out the full log to support+windows. Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.1.308d
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: Windows 10 (1607)
Sync Type: 1PW Families

1.PNG 43.2K
2.PNG 32.3K

Comments

• analogist
    analogist
    Community Member

support email ID [#VWD-47387-262]

• hugh_maaskant
    hugh_maaskant
    Community Member

Hi,

I Just upgraded tp 6.1.308d too and have a similar problem. I still had an item (exactly one) sitting in Trash and after logging in to the app (not the browser extension) I saw 1 pending change listed on the left hand side, but no item on the right hand side. I concluded it must have been the Trash item. Emtying trash does not complain, but also leaves the item still in trash (tried 2 times).

After I deleted another item (as a test) tried to empty the trash, and the newly deleted item disappeared, while the older trash item remained.

I am running Windows 10 and Chrome as browser.

Thanks, Hugh

• hugh_maaskant
    hugh_maaskant
    Community Member

Hi,

I just opened 1Password on my Mac and there the Trash item described above is NOT in the trash - hope this helps, rgds, Hugh

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@analogist: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: VWD-47387-262

@hugh_maaskant: Could you do the same? If you're still having trouble, restart your PC, reproduce the same issue, and then generate diagnostic information and send it to support+windows@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

1. Open the main 1Password app
    2. In the Search box, type /log and press Enter
    3. Save the log and attach it to a new email to support+windows@agilebits.com

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track it down. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• hugh_maaskant
    hugh_maaskant
    Community Member

Hi, yesterday I sent the email with log attached as requested, but still no confirmation from the BitBot ...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hugh_maaskant: We did, but be sure to check your spam filters. Given that you didn't receive the autoresponse, I'm concerned that you may not be able to receive email from us at all for some odd reason.

Anyway, I see that we've received the diagnostic info, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: ZXU-94734-418

• hugh_maaskant
    hugh_maaskant
    Community Member

@brenty: I did check my spam folder (of course I did ;-) but no joy. I did, however, receive the alert email that you mentioned me, so that path is open. rgds, Hugh

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting me know! I'd already made a note to follow up here in the forums as well, just in case. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hugh_maaskant: I've followed up via email, but wanted to here as well in case you aren't able to receive it:

Do you by any change have a local vault in 1Password 6 currently? Since these are read-only, if that's where the Trashed item is, you won't be able to empty it.

Also, it looks like there may be a problem authenticating with the server, resulting in the Pending change. Did you perhaps change your account credentials? Please press Ctrl O and sign in again (do NOT sign out of the account) and let me know if that helps. Thanks in advance!

• hugh_maaskant
    hugh_maaskant
    Community Member

@brenty: received the mails (including BitBot's) and answered by mail, thanks for the ultra-fast responses !!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's great news! We can continue the conversation there. Looking forward to getting this sorted out for you! :)

• Denzil
    Denzil
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

I seem to have the same problem..
    I made an addition to a secure note entry via PC about a week ago, I even checked it on my smartphone to see how fast sync works, and it worked!
    Today I need that info on my phone and it's not there.
    So I came to the aforementioned PC and I see "changes pending" regarding that secure note. Looking for some "sync now" option but can't find any.

So I came googlin' to this topic.
    I made a new secure note for testing purposes. And naturally I know have 2 "changes pending".
    To make things worse, at one point after creating that new note my 1password app interface got bugged, I think. In total I have 10 secure notes, but at this point the left navigation bar showed I had only 1, the new one. Dunno if this is some feature I just don't understand in this moment. But I shut down the app, and after I had started it again it's now working properly. But still with changes pending.
    My version is same as above 6.1.308d

EDIT:
    I just tried the CTRL+O and signing in again.
    Still have the "pending changes" message, and I even received an email notifying me about a new login. I find this peculiar because it's really NOT a new login :)

• Denzil
    Denzil
    Community Member

One more thing I just realized.. it's the master passwords - I have two :chuffed:
    I mentioned the problem here but I gave up on trying to fix it. I just set both passwords to be the same and stopped thinking about it.

However recently I changed my master password due to some peculiar reason I can't remember right now :-1:
    And what happens today.. I can sign in with both, my old and new password. So I'm thinking the app still remembers my primary vault password and my account password. Even though I merged it all into ONE entity :chuffed: , into my 1pass account, it seems I still have the same problem.
    I just now tried CTRL+O in my 1pass PC app, and I can literally log in with both passwords! This can't be good :)
    What does it all mean and please how can I have just one master password?

I'll repeat from the other topic - I'm not using dropbox anymore, and I coped all the data from primary vault (created in iOS long time ago) into my Personal vault contained in the 1password account.

Thank you

• Hi @Denzil,

Thanks for chiming in here.

We're sorry about the confusion this is causing are we're happy to help you figure this all out.
    From what I can tell you've done everything right so far, when you saw the pending changes, you unlocked 1Password 6, used Ctrl+O to bring up the sign-in dialogue and re-authenticated yourself.

Here's the reason this behaviour is so "odd": The master password the local database 1Password 6 uses is set when you first set up the app. Any master password for local vaults or further 1Password.com accounts you have no bearing on this local database password.

If you change the master password of your 1Password.com account it won't change the master password of your local database, at least for the near future.

If you lock 1Password 6, is the password you use to unlock it the same as the one you use to log into your 1Password.com account on the website right now? If not, you might want to change the master password in 1Password 6 to the one for your 1Password.com account to keep things simple.

As for the pending changes, can you please lock 1Password 6, exit the application via the try icon, launch and unlock it again?
    This should clear the pending changes section.

Cheers,

Alex

• Denzil
    Denzil
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

@AlexHoffmann thanks for the reply.
    Thank you for the 2 master passwords explanation, at least now I know for a fact where I can change which exactly :)
    I just matched my online password with my application password so I hope that's the end of it :)

As for the pending changes.. I've done as you asked, repeatedly

• rebooted my machine since
    • locked 1pass via tray icon
    • exit 1pass via tray icon
    • relogged using master password
      And the problem remains...

What I just realized, while in the 1password 6 application, I go to Settings -> Accounts & Vaults, and under my 1password account I still had Dropbox account. I selected it's vault, confirmed it was empty (as I coped all the data long time ago) and I just signed out of it. I think I did that already but nvm now.
    So I tried the same with my 1password account, but when I click "sign out" nothing happens.
    Needles to say, after all of this I tried your procedure again but the "Pending changes" is still here :chuffed:
    Now I seriously don't know how to fix this or even enter a new password from my PC into my vault. Syncing from phone to online access works btw.

I now uninstalled my application from PC, assuming something may even be wrong with file access on my hard drive.. rebooting my PC and wil try to reinstall and see what happens.

EDIT
    Yah, it didn't help :)
    I'm out of ideas.. at this point I can safely say that my windows 1password 6 application doesn't sync data, in any direction btw.

• Hi @Denzil,

Please email us your 1Password diagnostics report, so we can get a better picture of what's wrong. Use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Denzil
    Denzil
    Community Member

Dear @MikeT ,
    I'm sorry for the delay, been a hectic week for me.
    I just generated the report and sent it, following your procedure.

Looking forward to your solution.. I gotta know what I'm doing wrong :chuffed: It's gotta be some silly thing...

• Hi @Denzil,

I don't see the email yet from you but I am checking with your forum's email address. If you got an automatic reply from our BitBot, it should have a support ID in it, please let me know what it says, so I can use that to find your email.

• Denzil
    Denzil
    Community Member

@MikeT,

I sent it from work, so it's a different outgoing address.
    Support ID is [#WFJ-87342-597].

• Great, thanks for that. We've gotten it and will reply to it as soon as possible.

ref: WFJ-87342-597

• Denzil
    Denzil
    Community Member

Just to make it official here.. my problem was solved, thanks to the expertise and fast reponse from the AgileBits support team! Go @MikeT ! :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Mike, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that he was able to help you get this sorted out. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.