new update 6.5.2 doesnt autofill any websites nor does the tool bar work. i'm using safari 9.1.1

I have just downloaded and installed the latest update 6.5.2 on my mac. OS 10.11.5. Now 1password does not autofill any websites, nor does the 1password in the toolbar autofill. Please help

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:new update 6.5.2 doesnt autofill any websites nor does the tool bar work. i'm using safari 9.1.1

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rangerstu,

I'm sorry you're having trouble filling sign-in forms with the 1Password extension! I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum.

Just to be clear, 1Password doesn't actually have an "auto-fill" feature. In other words, it never fills a sign-in form on a website unless you explicitly tell it to do so (for example, by opening a Login item from the main 1Password app, by selecting a Login item from the 1Password browser extension, or by using the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut in the browser).

However, it sounds like something isn't working correctly because you mentioned a problem using the 1Password extension in Safari's toolbar. Can you please let us know a few more details that will help us figure this out:

• What are the exact steps you normally take to have 1Password fill sign-in forms on websites?
    • What happens if you click on the URL field of a Login item in the main 1Password app?
    • What happens if you open a website by choosing a Login item from the 1Password extension in the browser?
    • What happens if you go to a website first, and then choose the matching Login item from the 1Password extension?
    • When using the extension, do you click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, or do you use the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut?

Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.