To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password License Key + New wireless data migration

Options
netstar
netstar
Community Member

Approx 3 or 4 yrs ago I researched & purchased 1Password for my iPhone. As I continuously used it, I truly developed a love for the software. However, I recently purchased a new iPhone 6S Plus & tried to migrate the data to my new phone. The end result, the process fail & no data was migrated. I was totally broken & disappointed with 1Password that I grew to love. In my search for a solution I was requested to provide a license key, search & search, no luck. I assume the license key should be embedded in the software, Not! I've spent severalll... hours searching for a solution without success. I've also google this problem and noticed other user having the same problem. In a nutshell, I have decided that if a change iPhone again (which I'll), I'll also encounter the same problem. Therefore, to avoid any future heart ache(s), I've decided to move on. Just don't have the time to fiddle, & fiddle with this problem. Software should adopt a cloud approach (if they hasn't done so already).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@netstar: Thanks for reaching out. I wish you had sooner! If you purchased 1Password from the App Store, there is no license; rather, as with all iOS apps, the purchase is tied to your Apple ID. And since Apple owns and operates the App Store, AgileBits won't have any information about your purchase, which is why you're not able to retrieve anything from us.

And indeed, I'm sorry to hear that you had an issue with your iPhone restoring your data. 1Password doesn't have any control over the iTunes/iCloud backup/restore process, which is less than reliable, so we've built this feature into 1Password itself.

Finally, while some people prefer to keep their 1Password data locally on a single device as you've been doing, we do offer the 1Password.com subscription service, which includes all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.