Having "traditional" licenses for my family, why should we subscribe to a family account?

ugosolitro
ugosolitro
Community Member

I wonder why should I subscribe a family account since I already have licenses for all my family member on Mac OS X and IOS.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:why subscribe to family account

Comments

• Hi @ugosolitro! Thanks for asking. :) 1Password Families includes a few things we couldn't put in licenses, like:

• All the 1Password apps. You (and every member of your family) always have free access to the latest versions of all the 1Password apps from the downloads page.
    • Share and sync without the need of a third-party sync service. Setting up sync with Dropbox can be confusing for some folks. With 1Password Families, simply sign in and all your data is there.
    • New vaults automatically show up for family members. When you create a new vault, you can add others in your plan to it automatically. They can start using it right away.
    • Item History for restoring deleted or changed items. If a change was made to an item and it needs to be reverted, fret not. It can easily be rolled back from 1Password.com.
    • Recover accounts if a family member forgets their Master Password. We have always prided ourselves on our security model which has no back door. While we still can’t help with lost account details, you can now recover a family member's account to get them a new Account Key and Master Password.
    • View, edit, and add items from a browser. You’ll always have access to your data on 1Password.com, even if you're away from the devices you typically use.
    • Brand new multi-factor security model for your hosted account. Since your data is in the cloud, we took some extra steps to make sure the security is even better than what the standalone version of 1Password has. The Account Key strengthens your Master Password, and it's better than two-factor authentication.

If you'd like to use a family account, just sign up and move your existing data over to start sharing it with everyone:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Let us know if you have some questions.

This discussion has been closed.