Autofill and Encryption

kaintop
kaintop
Community Member

Hello.

I've just enabled autofill on the Android 1Password app and the instructions have mentioned to enable encryption after. Here's the thing my phone is a Nexus 6P and it is encrypted by default. So now my security settings says my Pin can no longer encrypt my data because I've enabled an Accessibility setting.

Does this mean I have to decrypt my phone and then re-encrypt to solve the issue?

Comments

• Hey @kaintop. Enabling an accessibility service will bypass encryption. This is because services like TalkBack will allow you to talk to your device rather than inputting a PIN or pattern unlock code. That's what the warning you saw was for.

So since you enabled 1Password's accessibility service, you just need to re-enable encryption. Just follow steps 5 through 7 here, and you should be all set! Let us know if you need anything else!

• kaintop
    kaintop
    Community Member

I got it. I forgot to enable ask for after reboot. I hardly ever use that. I'm always afraid my phone would reboot during the night and miss my alarm.

• @kaintop Android 7 Nougat has added a feature called Direct Boot to prevent missing important alarms if your phone ever reboots in the middle of the night. You can read more about it here:

http://www.howtogeek.com/269422/how-to-enable-android-nougats-direct-boot-for-less-annoying-encryption/

Seems like the perfect answer to the problem :)

• kaintop
    kaintop
    Community Member

@saad Thanks for the info, I missed that one. Problem is, I'm running a custom ROM that disabled that option. xD

• Ah, I see! In that case, you don't have much of a choice :)

This discussion has been closed.