To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

New 1Password purchase & sync problems

Droste60
Droste60
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Memberships

Hi support,

I downloaded the 1Password from the Apple App store onto my new Iphone 7s+. It was great. I went ahead and spent several hours and entered about 45 Link passwords into the APP. After doing this I decided I liked it a lot and went ahead and purchased the APP from the Apple APP for $9.95 per month hoping as advertised I could also install it on my Windows based Lap Top computer and my Windows business computer.

This was a bit confusing as I thought the APP store would have provided me a link to show me where to download the 1Password program for my windows computers. It did not. So, I had no other option but to go to the 1Password website and sign up and download the 1Password program as it required me to consider $2.99 month. I don't want to pay for both. Can you check on this? I would really like to pay only the $2.99 a month and not he $9.95 as it appears to be the same thing, but I could not understand this arrangement at all and I'm pretty savvy with computer purchases online.

Not to be sidelined, I went ahead and decided to download the 1Password Windows versions onto my Windows based Lap Top computer from your website. It required me to put in some registration information and even credit card information. I was provided my purchase key and then downloaded the program and printed out my emergency password login information.

Since I had already upgraded my phone and purchased the Professional version from the Apple App Store for $9.95 a month and downloaded the 1Password program on my Laptop, I now wanted to sync the data on my phone with my computer lab top 1Password program. This is where I stopped. I need to know the exact process to now sync my Iphone7s+ and my laptop 1Password APPS together.

My main concern is that my Lab top computer with the 1Password APP that has no data entered will overwrite my Iphone7s+ that has about 45 different link passwords already entered into the APP. If it does this, I may not be able to fix it and I will have to start this process of entering entering links and passwords all over again. This will take several hours again and I want to avoid this.

So, I have stopped everything until I hear from you.

Like I said, I purchased the 1Password APP from My Apple App Store for a purchase price of $9.99, and the 1Password APP from your website for 1 person for $2.99. This is where I downloaded the 1Password APP for my Laptop.

Both of these were made by Gregory Droste using my MC Credit Card.

Please let me know how know the exact process of syncing my iPhone7s+ and my Laptop and eventually my desk top computers without losing the data on my Iphone 7s+, and double check that I am not being charged twice or why I am paying $9.99 at the APP store and $2.99 from you on the 1Password online homepage.

Let me know as soon as you can,

Sincerely, Greg Droste
[phone# removed by AgileBits for privacy on our public forum]

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:ask aquestion

Comments

• Jacob
    edited December 2016

Hi @Droste60! I'm glad you're liking 1Password. :) Sorry for the confusion about how to purchase it. The purchase you made on the App Store is for the Pro Features in 1Password for iOS. You will soon be able to subscribe from within the app. I'd be happy to get you some subscription credit for the purchase you made. Then you can subscribe instead. Just send us an email at support@1password.com with your purchase info. Your purchases in the App Store are all stored nicely in the account. Learn how to get them:

See your purchase history in the iTunes Store on a Mac or PC

Now click the arrow beside the entry with 1Password in it and send us a screenshot of that. If you need any help taking a screenshot, there is a nice guide over at: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org

Don't send the email just yet. There's a little more to go over...

Not to be sidelined, I went ahead and decided to download the 1Password Windows versions onto my Windows based Lap Top computer from your website. It required me to put in some registration information and even credit card information. I was provided my purchase key and then downloaded the program and printed out my emergency password login information.

It sounds like you purchased a license, but your last sentence makes me think you got a subscription account as well. If you purchased a license, please send the purchase info in the same email as the one above and we'll get you some credit or a refund for that as well. :)

My main concern is that my Lab top computer with the 1Password APP that has no data entered will overwrite my Iphone7s+ that has about 45 different link passwords already entered into the APP. If it does this, I may not be able to fix it and I will have to start this process of entering entering links and passwords all over again. This will take several hours again and I want to avoid this.

The good news is you can sync both of these with a subscription account. I'll help you do that once we get the subscription side of things sorted out via email. After you have send us an email, please post the confirmation number you receive so we can connect this thread with that one and get back to you quickly.

Talk to you soon!

ref: TFU-96497-479

This discussion has been closed.