AA asks for UN, PW and Last Name.. how do I fill in all 3?

American Airlines login is 3 pieces of info of: UN, PW, and last name.. how do I get 1PW to fill in all 3 as I only see a way to have it fill in UN and PW - but not last name?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@KizzashRules: Ahaaa, thanks for reaching out! It sounds like you're doing it "the hard way", so I'm excited to share with you an awesome tip: Just as you can have 1Password fill login credentials for you, you can also have it save them! And doing so actually helps 1Password be better at filling too!

First of all, don't login at this page. It's not secure: http://www.aa.com/homePage.do (note the HTTP without the S). Manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the loginform. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to their secure URL: https://www.aa.com/loyalty/login
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

Note: When you login successfully, the form will clear, but your username will be shown at the top. It's easy to miss and think you weren't successful if you're not looking for it.

I was able to save a new working login item in this fashion. Be sure that your browser is updated and you have the latest 1Password extension installed in it as well, and you should be good to go. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• KizzashRules
    KizzashRules
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Yes, I use 1PW to save all logins I make :) I have maybe 900 logins, so I know 1PW very well and used it on phone, computer, tablet - I have used it for MANY years. I have my AA.com saved BUT 1PW only captured UN and PW, not Last Name

But it does NOT save a 3 entry login. Then again, I have never seen a 3 entry login.

That being said, this step of steps does not work because there is no such option #5. I have latest Chrome. I have the extension but it did download a new one BUT the new one will not work as it oddly claims I "need the app" which I obviously have (Version 3.8.22 (build 32010)) so...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yes, I use 1PW to save all logins I make :) I have maybe 900 logins, so I know 1PW very well and used it on phone, computer, tablet - I have used it for MANY years.

@KizzashRules: Ah, I'm sorry for misunderstanding then. It sounded like you were trying to create login details by hand in the app!

I have my AA.com saved BUT 1PW only captured UN and PW, not Last Name But it does NOT save a 3 entry login. Then again, I have never seen a 3 entry login.

It definitely does, or I'd be having a lot of trouble trying to login myself. ;)

That being said, this step of steps does not work because there is no such option #5.

There sure is!

But...

I have latest Chrome. I have the extension but it did download a new one BUT the new one will not work as it oddly claims I "need the app" which I obviously have (Version 3.8.22 (build 32010)) so...

Aha! That explains it. You're using a very old version of 1Password there. 1Password 3 was developed in 2009 and was discontinued years ago, and we're on 1Password 6 now. The old version has a number of issues with current browsers and OSes, and the new extensions won't work with it either, as they were developed more recently too. I'm sorry for the confusion there, but as you can imagine, it's difficult to take that into account not knowing anything about your setup. You can find more details here:

1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

Suffice to say that 1Password 3 is supported on Snow Leopard and Lion; it hasn't received any updates for a long time and won't be getting any more in the future. If you already have a license for a newer version of 1Password, I think you'll find that will help a great deal — not only with login issues like this, but with browsers in general. But if you haven't already got a current license, you can use your old one to get upgrade pricing through the AgileBits Store. I hope this helps. I've also moved this discussion to the 1Password 3 category of the forums since that's what we're working with. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• KizzashRules
    KizzashRules
    Community Member

No offense.. I have spent SO much $$$$$ on your apps, licenses, upgrades, mac, pc, android - it starts to get way out of control as you charge $$ at every turn. I know I am on an old version of the app and of the mac OS. but I am a developer and when you have a stable system, you don't mess with it just because upgrades come out.

so the bottom line is... I was right, the setup I use cannot handle 3 login details? agreed?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @KizzashRules,

No offense.. I have spent SO much $$$$$ on your apps, licenses, upgrades, mac, pc, android - it starts to get way out of control as you charge $$ at every turn.

I’m sorry that you feel this way! In fact, we do all we can to minimize paid upgrades here at AgileBits. It is true that the upgrade from 1Password 3 to 1Password 4 was a paid upgrade, but since that upgrade in 2013, 1Password 5 and 1Password 6 were released as free updates to all 1Password 4 license holders.

As a developer, I’m sure you can appreciate the challenges of maintaining software in the ever-changing ecosystem of the operating system. With 1Password 4, we did a ground-up re-write of the app. This allowed us to take advantage of the new tools in the latest OS, but it also meant that we were unable to continue to update 1Password 3 - we just don’t have the development resources to maintain two different versions of the Mac app.

If you continue to use the operating system that 1Password 3 was designed for, you should continue to see the same behaviour you’ve come to expect. The problem comes in when you browsers or other software continue to receive updates. As the browsers are improved (and new security measures implemented) 1Password and its browser extension may start to show some incompatibility.

I was right, the setup I use cannot handle 3 login details? agreed?

I’m not able to test this with 1Password 3 at this time, but the best solution for a Login item that is not behaving is to save a new Login item manually using the steps that Brenty shared. This process (filling in the details and then asking 1Password to save) should teach 1Password which fields it needs to fill. It often helps when a site includes non-standard details (like a third field).

I hope this works for you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@KizzashRules: Megan made a good point about browsers (or OSes) changing and legacy versions of 1Password which are no longer maintained encountering issues eventually...but I think you may have missed an important part of my previous comments:

If you already have a license for a newer version of 1Password, I think you'll find that will help a great deal — not only with login issues like this, but with browsers in general.

Since there have only ever been 3 paid licenses for 1Password for Mac (1/2, 3, and 4/5/6), if you've bought as many as you say, there's a good chance you already have a valid license for a newer one. That's why I mentioned it. No sense in paying for the same version twice! And even if you haven't, just shoot us an email at support+licenses@agilebits.com — maybe there's something else we can do to help.

And going back to the browser, while it isn't clear which old OS X version you're running, it's important to note that if you're well behind, you won't be getting browser updates going forward either, and certainly not security fixes from Apple. I know there's definitely a "cost" involved in even a free upgrade, but not so high as the potential cost of unpatched security vulnerabilities.

So in that vein, if you're able to even run Mountain Lion or Mavericks, that alone, while not ideal, will make a huge difference for you with the OS, browser, and 1Password 4 (in that case). Without having a clearer picture of what you're working with, it's impossible to be more specific, but I hope that gives some ideas at least. :)

• Hi

Is this still the best way? Tedious and awful lol

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Frenle IT Services: Saving a login with the 1Password extension so it knows how to fill the page correctly? I'm not sure I'd agree with your choice of adjectives, since it's just a few clicks. And while it's certainly something we'll continue to work to improve, with sites with multiple fields, it's more problematic since 1Password needs to know what you want filled where — as opposed to username/password, which is much more straightforward. If you're still having trouble, let me know how I can help! :)

• oh i fell into that same tricky situation a previous poster did. I see now the last name field is filling in, whereas it wasn't before. Sorry, all good.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying! I'm glad to hear it's working now, but don't hesitate to reach out if you encounter any other issues. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.