Give password change recommendations based on, information in the news. For example it is rumoured that in the summer of 2016, both LinkedIn and Twitter had user account information released on the darkweb by hackers (according to many news sources). In these circumstances it would be great to get a popup advising people to change their passwords for LinkedIn.com and Twitter.com etc.

I know you give some advice like this already like HeartBleed etc. However I think it would be great if you'd do this. I've only just found out about the released account info on Twitter and LinkedIn... it would have been great to have known months ago.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:hack

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@SpaceshipEatingCat: We prefer not to go on rumours since those aren't really actionable. For example, what date do we set for the Watchtower notification in that case? I think that as important as this stuff is, if we adopt a "boy who cried wolf" approach and warn about rumoured breaches people will be less likely to take the verifiable ones seriously due to fatigue. We definitely follow all of these reports closely though, so if and when a real breach is discovered, it's usually in Watchtower within a matter of hours.

• Fair enough. I understand, and now you explain it I do agree. Newspapers love click bait after all!

Thanks for replying
    Best wishes :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome, @SpaceshipEatingCat, on behalf of brenty.

Is that a spaceship-eating cat, or a cat-eating spaceship? :lol:

• Or a spaceship-eating-cat spaceship? ;) It gets very complicated after a while.

It's probably the most surreal username I've ever had. It always gets a laugh... which is the main thing :-)

Take care
    Mike

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Or a spaceship-eating-cat spaceship? ;) It gets very complicated after a while.

Haha! :crazy:

It's probably the most surreal username I've ever had.

And unique, says The Google:

It always gets a laugh... which is the main thing :-)

With visuals, too. :dizzy:

Hope you're having some fun and happy holidays, @SpaceshipEatingCat, aka Mike! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.