WiFi sync Mac -> Android

Options
TeamCheesecake
TeamCheesecake
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Android

Hi,

I'm trying to get the WiFi sync to work. WLAN server shows up in my Mac app, and I checked 'Run a WLAN server…'. However, as described here when I go to 'sync' in my Android app it doesn't show anything related to WLAN server. I see 'Folder sync', 'Sync automatically', 'Notification'. Can you help me out?

I'm running Android Marshmallow 6.0.1. (OxygenOS 3.1.4) on my OnePlusX. My computer runs macOS 10.12 (16A323) and 1PW 6.6.BETA-1 (660001).

Many thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @TeamCheesecake. It sounds like you have already configured 1Password on Android to sync with local storage, which is why you're not seeing the WLAN server sync option.

To clarify, 1Password on Android allows you configure any supported sync solution, but once you've configured sync, it's not possible to change the method without resetting or reinstalling the app. Since you've already configured local storage syncing, you'll need to reset the app to sync with a WLAN server instead.

Do you already have all of your data up to date on the Mac, or is there data in 1Password on Android that hasn't synced anywhere else?

If you have everything safe and sound and up to date on the Mac, just follow these steps to start over on Android. Then launch 1Password and tap USE WITHOUT AN ACCOUNT, and you'll see the WLAN server option on the next screen.

If you have data that's only on Android and not saved anywhere else, please let me know and I'll walk you through how to migrate it to your Mac first. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.