Community Member
edited December 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

macOS Sierra 10.12.2

1Password 6.5.2

Safari 10.0.2 (12602.3.12.0.1)
Safari extension 6.5.2

Chrome 55.0.2883.95 (64-bit)
Chrome extension 4.6.2.90

Neither the browser bar button nor the keyboard shortcut works in either browser—literally nothing happens when I click on either.

When in a browser and I click on the 1Password mini in the menubar, it offers to install the extension in that browser—despite it clearly being installed and the button being present in the browser (although nonfunctional).

I have installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled the extension and restarted Safari both after and inbetween.

I saw a similar (I think) post here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/72955/new-update-6-5-2-doesnt-autofill-any-websites-nor-does-the-tool-bar-work-im-using-safari-9-1-1?

I will answer the questions posted there, in the hopes of saving time:

[What are the exact steps you normally take to have 1Password fill sign-in forms on websites?]

Click on the button in browser bar.

[What happens if you click on the URL field of a Login item in the main 1Password app?]

It takes me to the site, but doesn't fill the password info.

[What happens if you open a website by choosing a Login item from the 1Password extension in the browser?]

Can't, since extension button unresponsive

[What happens if you go to a website first, and then choose the matching Login item from the 1Password extension?]

Can't, since extension button unresponsive

[When using the extension, do you click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, or do you use the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut?]

Usually the former, but neither works at all.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 10.0.2 and 6.5.2
OS Version: macOS 10.12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @wills11. Thanks for your post and for the additional legwork you did to get us up to speed faster. It's really helpful to be able to hit the ground running like this.

It sounds to me like something is preventing the extension from talking to 1Password. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

This discussion has been closed.