To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Auto sync Personal and Family Accounts

Options
geets48
geets48
Community Member

If I update my password or other information on my Personal account, I would expect the system to automatically update the same data on my Family account. However that does not happen. I am forced to make the changes manually.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OS 10.12.1
Sync Type: Not sure think Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Auto sync Personal and Family Accounts

Comments

• Jacob
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi @geets48! I'm sorry for the trouble. If you are using an individual 1Password account as well as a family one, things will sync to the one you have them in. They don't sync between the accounts. There is a Personal vault in your family account which you can use for your personal items, though. You can switch vaults in 1Password for Mac by clicking the vault menu and choosing that vault:

I see you had a license before creating an account. When you migrated your data over, did you remove your Primary vault? If not, it may still be used for saving new items. If that is the case, the best course of action would be to sort out what is new on your Mac. 1Password for iOS doesn't currently have the ability to sort by date created, so 1Password for Mac is where we should settle in. Let's do this:

1. Open 1Password for Mac and unlock it.
    2. Click the vault menu in the top left of the window and choose Primary.
    3. Click the item sorting menu and choose Date Created.

Now you can go through your recently-created items and move them to your account. Learn how to move items: https://support.1password.com/move-share-items/

Lastly, check that things moved properly. Open https://my.1password.com in your browser and sign in. Check your vault to see that things look good. If they do, go back to 1Password and choose 1Password -> Delete Vault. You need to be in the Primary vault for this to work. Lastly, open 1Password on your other devices and remove your Primary vault there. You can do this on iOS by tapping Settings -> Advanced -> Reset All 1Password Data. This will remove your account as well, and you can sign in to it again when you reopen the app. :) Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.