Copy empty field in-app browser

Jusdepomme
Jusdepomme
Community Member
edited July 2011 in iOS
Hello everyone,

I've search for a topic about this problem but I found none.
I found a problem in the 1Password iPhone app: when you click "copy" on an empty field in the in-app browser, the application stops working and just quit.
You then have to enter your lock code and master password again, just like it is the first time you start the app.
One may say it is fool to copy from an empty field, but I am fool... and moreover, it is long to go through the passwords and reload the page you were working on when on 3G.

I am on iOS 4.3.5 with iPhone 4 (not jailbroken) with 1Password Pro up to date. Thanks for your time!

(Sorry if I make spelling mistake but I am French... and fool) :P

PS: I know this is not the right place, but will there be updates for Knox, some GUI improvements for example?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Jusdepomme! I am trying to reproduce this, but I am not sure I understanding exactly what the steps are that I should take to reproduce this. Are you copying a field from the "credentials curtain" that drops down when you press the globe icon in 1Password's in-app browser? Or are you copying a field on the web page? Could you give me a list of the specific steps to take in order to reproduce this here?

Thanks! Sorry if I am slow. I am American…and tired. :-P

P.S. Re: Knox: Yes.
  • Jusdepomme
    Jusdepomme
    Community Member
    edited July 2011
    Hello and thanks for the answer.
    I know I was not clear so here I come again with more explanations, sorry.

This occurs when I am on a website in the in-app browser, no matter which site, no matter if I sign-in already using the app auto-login (for example I use this on phpmyadmin, which propose many input field).
    You can double tap on any empty input field (for example a field in which you have to enter your email address...) to make the pop-up "copy/paste" appear and then click on "copy". If the field is empty, the app just crash.

I always do this when I want to connect somewhere:
    1. Unlock code -> "Logins" (globe) tabs
    2. I choose any login -> Master password
    3. I then click on the link at the top of the page (arrow)
    4. When on the page the system populate the form automatically
    5. And then, if I empty one of the field (or if I login and just seek for another input field anywhere else) and double tap "copy" it crashes.

It is all about empty input fields, because in the Apple apps, if the field is empty, you don't have a copy option, and sometime on 1P I use to click on the tab on the left hand side, which in most of the case is the copy one, on an empty field... <_<

Thanks again, and I am willing to get the new updates for Knox! Have a good day! ;)
  • Jusdepomme
    Jusdepomme
    Community Member
    edited July 2011
    Thanks
    I know this is a bit weird to copy empty field, but instinctively I click on the left hand side tab, because as I said, in other app, if the field is empty, only "paste" is showing. And sure it is frustrating to start again from the beginning.
    Have a good day and thanks for your time and support, your apps and teams are great! :D
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks again for your great explanation. It is certainly a strange thing (and very annoying). If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know. The developers are aware of the problem now (and I relayed your kind words to them as well). :-)

Cheers,
This discussion has been closed.